Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Critic this...

Jason W
    By Jason W,
    I know this is basically what happens in Atlas, but I can't form the right reply or problems with it at the moment. Got it off another forum, by the way...

Stolen goods!

mordecai
    By mordecai,
    Is there a moral basis for a law that makes buying stolen goods punishable? The idea behind such laws is of course to make it harder for criminals to profit from their crimes. So one could conclude that the intentions are noble. But how would you go about to morally defend these laws? Who's rights am I violating by buying these goods? The way I see it, I can in no way violate anyones rights by buying stolen goods - the responsibility of violating the original owners prope

A Selective Draft

Kitty Hawk
    By Kitty Hawk,
    According to a short piece in the April 12th Business Week magazine, the Defense Department is considering the idea of selectively drafting the skilled professionals it needs most, such as someone who can setup a computer network or speak Arabic. I suppose it's easier to violate the rights of a few selected groups, as opposed to a full draft that violates everyone's rights equally. Of course even the selective method violates everyone's rights, because anyone could one day be part of suc

Features Updates

DavidV
    By DavidV,
    Feb 02: -- Created Forum: http://www.rationalmind.net/forum -- Set up Postnuke: Site: Beta -- Installed Wiki, but it's currently broken...(if you know how to fix it, let me know!) The Wiki and Gallery modules are currently not working. I can't figure out how to configure Wiki for Postnuke (though it's been done) and Gallery needs ImageMagik, which is missing from this server. Edit: Gallery now works! Edit2: Gallery now broken :-(

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS