Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Greetings from Michigan

drsm
    By drsm,
    Just a quick note of greeting. I just found this forum and website, and it looks very promising. It appears to have a good deal of activity and is nicely put together. I'm a veterinarian in Michigan who has been interested in Objectivism since 1987. I've read all the standard literature, fiction and nonfiction. I enjoy a membership on HBL, and hope to enjoy a less formal, more interactive membership here. Steve (drsm)

Greetings from Virginia Beach, VA

RationalBiker
    By RationalBiker,
    My real first name is Vern. I'm very new to the Objectivist philosophy. Since I'm still learning quite a bit about it, I cannot honestly say I have fully adopted it into my beliefs. None the less, my interest was fueled by a number of things I have read so far, things that I have spoken about or thought about myself prior to learning about this philosophy. I find that what I understand of Objectivism so far is very congruent to my beliefs about life. I've been married 19 years and have

Tax Looters

redfarmer
    By redfarmer,
    Just thought I'd pass on a funny thing that happened to me. You see, this year I owed in state taxes because my job didn't take out enough in state taxes. I filed electronically but made a mistake and realized it so I immediately filed an ammended return so I wouldn't have to pay a penalty. Well, today the state sent me a check for $160, the entire amount I paid in last year! Seems they don't check over their returns well. The case could be made that they don't want to check over

HBL (Harry Binswanger List)

RadCap
    By RadCap,
    For those of you who run or belong to an Objectivist Club on your campus, you may want to consider the offer being made by Harry Binswanger: http://www.hblist.com/campus.htm Being one of the charter members of his email list, I can attest to its value, both in content and as a broad based forum for Objectivists to discuss ideas with the brightest Objectivist minds.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS