Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Pascal's Wager, Aquinas's proofs, and Emergency Aid

TheCerebro
    By TheCerebro,
    I am a Christian (Prodestant Rationalist) who is considering Objectivism and was hoping the people at this forum could answer some questions for me. The first is a hypothetical: There is a car crash, and in the car is a dad, mom and baby, and both parents die. If I pass the accident, and the baby will die unless I help it, am I required to do so according to the trader principle? The second has to do with rights: Ayn Rand states in "The Anti-Industrial Revolution" that man's

White Man's World!!!

Areactor
    By Areactor,
    I'm hoping the title turned some heads. Hello, I started this thread in order for posters to evaluate the situation between the Founding Fathers and slavery. According to Malcolm X “The seal, and the constitution, reflect the thinking of the founding fathers, that this was, to be a nation by white people, and for white people. Native Americans, blacks, and all other non-white people, were to be the burden bearers, for the real citizens of this nation.” Now accord

Summer Seminar: Objectivism in Theory and Practice

Concerto of Atlantis
    By Concerto of Atlantis,
    If this question has been asked and answered previously, I apologise and ask if someone could post a link to where it has been discussed. Why is there a rift in existence between ARI and TOC? What were the fundamental differences that caused this split? Thank you.

American History X

Invictus
    By Invictus,
    *Spoiler Alert* I saw this movie for the first time quite recently and was stunned at how pathetically it performed as an anti-racist statement. None of the positions espoused by Derek as a Nazi were refuted when he reforms- a reformation based on emotion rather than reason. Virtually every black person in the film is depicted as a thug while the Nazis are merely victims of their crimes. Most significantly, despite Derek's transformation his brother still gets brutally shot by one of the bl

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS