Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

ARI Summer Conference

DPW
    By DPW,
    I will be attending the second week this year's summer conference, and I was wondering who else plans on attending.

Hello

dark_stranger
    By dark_stranger,
    Greetings everyone, I am new here, but glad to have found this place! It seems there are voices all around me every day telling me things that don't make sense. You see, I'm in San Francisco. We draw the homeless from all over the country because our city is so 'generous'. Our generosity has earned the city a $150+ million deficit. Horrifying. I am surrounded on all sides by people who feel that the rich are evil and greedy, and should be made to pay. They think that being

Another from the Left Coast

khaight
    By khaight,
    I guess I'll toss my hat into the ring. I'm a software engineer living with my wife and pet bird in San Jose, CA. My initial introduction to Objectivism was from a girl in high school. She pestered me for six months to read The Fountainhead, claiming that it was "the most rational thing" I would ever read. She was mostly right. I went through a libertarian/anarchist phase in college, but I got better. I've been studying Objectivism on-and-off for the last 10 years or so. (S

Another Hello from Israel

grosz
    By grosz,
    Hi all, My name is Ori, I am 24 and live in Israel. I am a freshman at Ben Gurion University, majoring in Computer Science. In November, shortly after the school year had started, I complained to a friend of mine about the lack of purpose in my life, about my intellectual decay (I had just quit my programming job after 3 years, during which I did nothing but work work and buying vinyl records -- no reading, no life, no fun, nothing), any my general dissatisfaction with... well, every

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS