Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

U.S. Founded on Christianity?

WWJGD?
    By WWJGD?,
    Since encountering Objectivism, I developed a deep interest in the personal philosophies and lives of our Founding Fathers. I have started a collection of such works as The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin's autobiography, The Federalist Papers, Notes on Virginia by Thomas Jefferson, etc. What has really suprised me is that many of these men were not Christians. Since I can remember, I have heard that old bromide, "This nation was founded on Christianity, by golly!"

Are Dolphins Superior To Humans?

Liberty 53K
    By Liberty 53K,
    Several times now, when arguing the significance of man due to his ability to reason which is a provision of his conceptual consciousness, I have encountered the pro-dolophin chant of those who claim that dolphins are superior to humans. I have pointed out during these arguments the achievements of man by which those of dolphins pale. I am countered by claims about their healing and sonar abilities, sensitivity, etc. I have some knowledge about dolphins though I am a marine biologist by no stre

The Constitutionality of a Progressive Tax

Marc K.
    By Marc K.,
    I am having trouble figuring out the argument commonly presented by conservatives that the top 1% of wage earners pays 34% of the taxes (seems unfair). I don't want to discuss the progressive tax as it seems plain to me that charging someone a higher tax because they make more money is unconstitutional (does not apply the law equally) and immoral (punishing the good for being good). Rather, let us consider the actual collection of taxes as compared to a flat tax. I

Help with a paper on AI?

Falafel
    By Falafel,
    Hi everyone - I am new here, I have already introduced myself on the 'hello' thread. Anyway, I am currently writing a paper on AI, and I have stumbled upon a myriad of questions, which cut into a whole variety of fields, from philosophy to psychology, to child development. I heard from someone that "objectivists" would be good start to try and answer my questions. So here I go: 1) How are you? Good, so am I. 2) What are the

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS