Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

A question about the branches of O'ism.

BIGBANGSingh
    By BIGBANGSingh,
    Why is logic not included in the philosophy branches of Objectivism? Also, why are Politics & Esthetics considered fundamental branches in Objectivism?

Hello

demiurge
    By demiurge,
    Hello to all of you, it's nice to be in presumably like-minded company. I've been a quasi-Objectvist since I read Atlas Shrugged in the ninth grade. This was the beginning of my third philosophical stage (would you like a chart?) in which I moved from a statist, semi-relativist worldview into individualist rationalism (I had been a Baptist previously). I read all the AR fiction, some of the essays, and generally absorbed the ARI principles before moving onto Nietzsche and similar writers. I

Masters Programs in Philosophy

RationalEgoistSG
    By RationalEgoistSG,
    As of now, I plan on pursuing a masters in philosophy followed by a Ph.D. I have heard, and it seems to make sense, that it is best to pursue a masters in philosophy at universities that do not also offer the Ph.D. in philosophy. The logic behind this is that one has a better chance of receiving more attention and money if there are no Ph.D. philosophy students to get those things first. That being said, does anyone have any suggestions as to universities that are masters-only in the

I'm psychic, and I can prove it.

Guest Jonathan
    By Guest Jonathan,
    Let's say I were to ask each Objectivist member of this board to write a ten digit number down on a piece of paper and save it. Imagine if I came back a month later and posted a list of each member's name and number, which I could not have possibly determined. Please try as hard as possible to convince yourself that this actually did happen. Please post your supposed reaction. Also, write down a number.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS