Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

The Ecosystem

RationalEgoistSG
    By RationalEgoistSG,
    In my experience in having discussions with environmentalists, the argument that is usually put forth is that man's excessive intrusion into the environment causes a discord in the "ecosystem." Since the ecosystem is so delicate, the environmentalists claim, it is very important that human beings do not do anything to upset it. I can attack such an argument from a moral standpoint (that environmentalism and the "ecosystem" argument attack the value of man and the very fact that he must pro

Hello from wine country

Marc K.
    By Marc K.,
    Hello from wine country -- the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY, My name is Marc (the energy and imagination employed in deriving a screen name was incredible). I had already made a few posts when I noticed the introduction topic. So here goes -- first things last: Only in the last two years have I gotten heavy into Ayn Rand. I read “The Fountainhead” and “Atlas Shrugged” many years ago, mostly at the behest of my father (an avid objectivist). That was difficult reading for me. I

Profile pics

RadCap
    By RadCap,
    I know how to change the avatar image. However, I note when viewing some individual's profiles there is a larger image sometimes in the upper left of the window. How/where does one add this image?

What is the "Spiral Theory Of Knowledge"?

Chankludo
    By Chankludo,
    Hello, I am writing a set of essays on the subject of education and wish to understand the "Spiral Theory of Knowledge". If anyone can explain it to me, refer me to its source, or refer me to a good explanation, I would be forever grateful. I also wish to know who originated it and am seeking examples of its application. - Jon Rosen (AKA "Chankludo")

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS