Objectivism Online Forum

Does humour exist within O'ism?

Rate this topic

I can't resist dropping in for humor. Um, Save the Humans is hysterical. The things O'ists should never say during sex are hysterical. I particularly like "You bitch. You greedy selfish bitch! What, don't you like my pillow talk?"

My god! (or some appropriate expression of wonder) Is that a copy of Atlas in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Anybody like Jesus jokes?

What's the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus? (It only takes one nail to hang the picture.)

Why can't Jesus eat M & Ms? (They fall through the holes in his hands.)

What do you do if you see a bunch of communists lying on the floor? (Stop laughing and reload.) :D

yep thats a clever one. I prefer sarcasm though. Sarcasm and irony. This may seem sadistic or odd but i have to tell someone this story.

My friends and I were walking to the movie theater. (im college age by the way and we live in a small college town). THis jerk drives by with a bunch of girls in his car (he was most likely a high school kid) and yells "WALKING IS COOL TOO!!!" as if we are losers because we dont have cars. The funny thing is that he got in an accident right at the corner where we turn to go to the movie theater. I laughed for a good 15 minutes. I dont know if its right to laugh at others misfortune, but I think he had it coming. Does anyone else find that funny? He mocked walking and then got in a car accident. It doesnt get much better than that if you are into irony.

yep thats a clever one. I prefer sarcasm though. Sarcasm and irony. This may seem sadistic or odd but i have to tell someone this story.

My friends and I were walking to the movie theater. (im college age by the way and we live in a small college town). THis jerk drives by with a bunch of girls in his car (he was most likely a high school kid) and yells "WALKING IS COOL TOO!!!" as if we are losers because we dont have cars. The funny thing is that he got in an accident right at the corner where we turn to go to the movie theater. I laughed for a good 15 minutes. I dont know if its right to laugh at others misfortune, but I think he had it coming. Does anyone else find that funny? He mocked walking and then got in a car accident. It doesnt get much better than that if you are into irony.

It's ironic, but I don't think I find any humour in it.

I like outrageous humour best. :)

I like outrageous humour best. :)

I enjoy all types, but I like benevolent humor the best, wherein it's sometimes difficult to identify the object of derision. Mitch Hedberg is my favorite stand up comedian in this regard. I also love intelligent humor - Eddie Izzard is my favorite there.

I want the 2/3s of the 'rich' that are small businesses taxed at much higher rates.

I want the government to create a job for me, and I want a guaranteed living wage, or a minimum wage of at least $20 per hour.

I want a bigger better medicare program, better yet, nationalized health care. (Why have we left the Dentists out of it?)

I want Social Security to remain unchanged.

I want to shut down business and confiscate private property whenever those freedoms conflict with environmental interests.

I want guns out of the hands of citizens and into the hands of police.

I want a world court that overrules fascist American Law.

I want no foreign policy intitiatives that are not approved by the UN.

I want gay marriages. Hell, I want a rainbow of marriages of every discription.

I want to be friends again with France.

I'm voting for John Kerry.