Objectivism Online Forum

War on Radical Islam Bonds

Rate this topic

Thales

A few days ago I listened to the Dennis Miller show and on came Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) - 2008 Presidential Candidate. I have no idea all of his positions regarding the presidency, no doubt he's a religious conservative, but on the issue of war he has the exact right idea. :ninja:

He's pushing for "War on Radical Islam Bonds", :lol::pimp: because he considers the phrase "war on terror" to be misleading and dangerous. He says you should know two things before going to war, who your enemy is and who you are. Isn’t that great? At the very least, I’m happy to know that there is someone out there at a fairly high level pushing for the right ideas. I do get the impression he's been reading some of Yaron Brook's stuff, but I can't be certain.

You can listen to him here Audio Archives, click on the July 24th show and download the mp3. He's at about one hour and twenty three minutes (1:23) into the show.

I've heard several such comments in the media lately. It's certainly reflective of a rejection of a perpetual 'war on terror' that will never be won.

Whether that realization is finally being recognized by the talking heads, or if it's just a pre-election talking point, I can't say, but it's good to hear people at least talking about it.

Of course, we may already be so entrenched in the 'war on terror' that all this talk won't lead to policy changes. Until leaders start talking about - and moving on - reversing some of the permanent rights violations signed into law by President Bush, as well as abolishing the Dept. of Homeland Security, this is just talk. And it will be forgotten the next time some stupid social policy issue comes up and dominates the media's attention.

A few days ago I listened to the Dennis Miller show and on came Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) - 2008 Presidential Candidate. I have no idea all of his positions regarding the presidency, no doubt he's a religious conservative, but on the issue of war he has the exact right idea.

This is good news. Hopefully Representative Tancredo will not propound "War on Illegal Immigration" bonds next, as essentially being anti-immigrant seems to be his flagship issue.

Tom Tancredo is most definitely a religious conservative. He indicated that he does not believe in evolution during one of the Republican primary debates.

Thanks for the info. I'm not all that surprised that he takes those positions. That's politics in America today. However, the good news is that he appears to be pushing for this bond issue now, so we don't need to support his candidacy, we can just support this one issue of his.