Objectivism Online Forum

post your favorite you tube videos here

Rate this topic

The Wrath

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this idea. There are lots of great YouTube videos, and we could probably amass quite an interesting collection.

It might be helpful for people to indicate roughly the genre of the video (humor/philosophy/politics/etc.) and/or maybe give a short description.

It is a shame I have no viedeos to offer since I don't watch YouTube videos unless someone links to them. I am away at an IT course till between 5pm and 6pm weekdays and have too many other things I'd rather do in my spare time, so I don't have time for looking for YouTube videos. But I am happy to watch ones other link to and if I ever find a good one I will link to it here.

Yes, copyrights should always be respected. I don't think that should be an issue with either of mine, however. I just thought we could use a place to post amusing/funny videos. Every online philosophical/political forum needs some comic relief.

The best part of the Trojan Horse video is that the Turkish consulate is the only place to turn them away. At least they learned their lesson the first time around.

Edited by Moose

Hydrogen Technology from an individual inventor that uses simple water. I think I found this video from this forum actually.

BTW, I suggest giving a decent description of the video along with the link.

Edited by Olex

1. Any show that uses a laugh track loses almost all credibility.

2. The jokes, as I hope you can see, are pretty unfunny, plain and simple.

3. Much like the Daily SHow and the Colbert Report, have complete infantile political beliefs. At least Stewart and Colbert can sell their idiocy.

4. It's on FOX.

Also, another video. This is the famous interview with Dr. Milton Friedman

Edited by TheEgoist

1. Any show that uses a laugh track loses almost all credibility.

2. The jokes, as I hope you can see, are pretty unfunny, plain and simple.

3. Much like the Daily SHow and the Colbert Report, have complete infantile political beliefs. At least Stewart and Colbert can sell their idiocy.

4. It's on FOX.

Also, another video. This is the famous interview with Dr. Milton Friedman

I actually liked that OxyClinton thing. It was funny. Also, we get the Daily Show with John Stewart on C4 here in new Zealand. I think it is also funny. Lastly, I don't have time to watch that long video. I have some assessments and some Visual Basic learning to do.

Edited a glaring error in wording.

Edited by DragonMaci

That was awesome! National Geographic, eat your heart out.

Yeah, there is a lot of buzz about it too. It's rare too see a herd even do anything like that, let alone save the little guy from lions AND crocs! I saw a follow up about it on the news and the little calf is still alive too, what a lucky creature! Also, I've never seen lions get beat up too, so that's rare. But did you see how the herd handle the situation? They waited until the baby was out of harms way and THEN went full force and the croc was just waiting there to snatch a lion up too; caught between a herd of angry buffalo family members and a pair of crocs... you're about as screwed as possible.

I used to think water buffalo were stupid, now I know otherwise.

Anyways, here is an interesting clip I was talking about in chat.

I used to think water buffalo were stupid, now I know otherwise.

I'm not going to go that far personally, but I thought the video was amazing. It's easy to put our imagination at work in humanizing the apparent actions of those animals, but in the end "knowing" that they actually thought that through the way it worked out seems a stretch to me. And we can't forget the millions of times 2 or 3 lions probably did bag the kill and scare off the masses of large buffalo without resistance. We also can't forget that "point man" buffalo who walked the whole herd into such a close distance to the lions even after he "appears" to have sensed something was wrong. I think the camera guy did an excellent job of portraying the proximity of the animals and how the situation evolved into the battle it became.