post your favorite you tube videos here

Rate this topic

The Wrath

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy moly: Watch This

If you log into Cash for Cars according to their Privacy Statement, the gov't officially OWNS YOUR COMPUTER AND ALL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN AND ANYTHING ON ANY DEVICE THAT YOU CONNECT TO SAID COMPUTER YEA, UNTO THE TWELFTH GENERATION.

Excellent video about rights illustrated with simple words and simple images so that even a dumb statist can understand it. This went on my blog and FB page. Excellent piece to use for activism.

Me likey. :dough:

This is one of my most favorite recent videos. Starring Reps. Bachmann and Boehner as the heroes defending against the power hungry "witch" who uses her "Special Speaker Powers" for the purposes of evil. "Let's 'vote for' jobs! :lol:

I also enjoyed the funny gags through the rest of the video and an interesting line in the lyrics during the round table 'poker game' discussion. "Win to quit/quit to win."(@1:38) Even though they are referring to Palin, one may ponder John Galt.

Edit: As I was posting this, I'd just figured out the Waxman puppetry reference. Ha!

Edited by TruckDriver

The dealers are agreeing to this. The real problem is the Clunker program to begin with. There is no evil conspiracy here. It's just one more addition to government bureaucracy.

They do call them czars for a reason, and that is the total control these government officials want and grab while they are in office. Trust me after it happened to me, you don't want anyone else looking into your computer, because they will take the most innocuous statement and blow it out of proportion. Just think if someone agreeing to that saying something against the czar and what problems might arise from that. And I have to disagree that the politicians are just stupid -- they want power and will get it any way they can.

Megan, that's nonsense. That specific part of the Cars site is for dealers, not consumers.

Yes, I'm aware. I went and did more research. The main problem with this is that financial institutions (like the one my housemate works for) are likely to get involved with this as well, and it really does read that the system becomes *property* of the government.

It's just *bizarre*.

Your system or the government's system? If it says "this system" (as I recall it does) that's possibly misinterpretation--it could mean the government system or yours.

Exactly. Which is a problem.

As I said in my blog post, it's probably just really sloppy wording and won't ever amount to anything. But that doesn't mean that it's not bad.

One of the best videos I've seen on Youtube about the truth about psychiatry
This can't be true. Given the dollars doled, I'm very skeptical that there is no legitimate foundation in psychology. Do you have other sources? (Legitimate curiosity)

This can't be true. Given the dollars doled, I'm very skeptical that there is no legitimate foundation in psychology. Do you have other sources? (Legitimate curiosity)

I think it's somewhat true, but probably a specifically phrased question, such that the apparent implication is broader than the intended meaning. There has been significant study in neurology especially with regard to neurotransmitters. These are very likely the way in which our brain processes information on a biological level. I think what they mean is that when you walk into a shrinks office, they don't take a blood sample and send it off to the lab. They make the decision about the patients biology by inference from the patients statements.

That said, I do have my own doubts about the efficacy of those drugs and much the methodology currently used for therapy, but I think it's unfair to paint the whole industry as selling snake oil. There is research there to back a good deal of it.

http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/120

That portion of that website deals a lot with neuroleptic medication and mental illness

Hazmatac, whether or not you decide to stay on medication or find some other way to work your way through your illness, I'm assuming you are not going to turn to mysticism for support. What the heck is "Yoism" and where are they coming from?

However, in contrast to the use of such words to refer to "All-that-Is," to the scientist's "Universe,", or to Spinoza's "Pantheistic Universe/God," we believe that Yo refers to something else that is—not only not the Universe we experience—It is utterly unlike the world of our experience.

I sincerely hope you find a way to deal with your illness. I have known people on medication and they do well on it, and I have heard reports of people refusing to be on medication and doing well. If conventional therapy does it for you, that's great; but don't follow the Scientologists or the Yoists (whatever the hell they are with Homer Simpson as their spokes person in that video clip).

Excellent video about rights illustrated with simple words and simple images so that even a dumb statist can understand it. This went on my blog and FB page. Excellent piece to use for activism.

I've been turning people on to The Philosophy of Liberty for a while now. I've had Statists insist it is too simplistic, and couldn't possibly work in real life. They just don't "get it."

Edited by Maximus

Hazmatac, whether or not you decide to stay on medication or find some other way to work your way through your illness, I'm assuming you are not going to turn to mysticism for support. What the heck is "Yoism" and where are they coming from?

As far as I know the information provided by that site on schizophrenia, mental illness, and anti-psychotics is true. They may be a wannabe religion but they have good information avaliable.

• 2 weeks later...