Objectivism Online Forum

Resume Help.

Rate this topic

Mammon

Does anyone know of any good (read:free and or online or something inexpensive) resources for writing a resume? I've never had to make one before and I need to get on it and make one, good news is that I don't have to turn it in for another 2 weeks though. So I have plenty of time to work on it. I'm just concerned because I REALLY want this job I'm trying to get.

I'm not sure how good it is, but monster.com has some free resume resources. I find it helpful to fill out their online resume, then print it to help create my Word resume.

Found this when I did a google search...again, not sure how good it is... http://www.resume-help.org/

Edited by K-Mac

Does anyone know of any good (read:free and or online or something inexpensive) resources for writing a resume?

I used to just look for examples on the internet. Many students display their resumes on their websites.

If you want to send me (via PM) what you have so far, I would be happy to offer you some more specific advice. The first step to writing a good resume is to list your credentials, your notable achievements and anything else you believe to be relevant.

If you would like me to help, please also provide with a brief description of what you study (or plan to study), how far you are in school, what kind of position you are applying for and anything else you think I should know.

Just a note for people on here, having a resume really helps you get a job, even if its just fast food. Where I used to work, three people applied for the same job. The last one who came in was a girl, and she had a resume. Although the manager said she'd call back the two other people, she only called back the girl with the resume, she got the job. I applied for five jobs without a resume, then four more with a resume, and I only got called back on the ones with a resume.