Objectivism Online Forum

Redacted Stuns Venice

Rate this topic

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...=22&sp=true

I think this is awful and irresponsible. While I agree that the war in Iraq is not helping us win the war on terror, I completely disagree with condemning all of our military men and women for the actions of a few. Granted, I have not seen this movie, but it sounds to me like he's making a case against our military, and any war for that matter, based on the actions of a few criminals. Hollywood makes me sick. (And people wonder why I don't go to the movies more often??)

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...=22&sp=true

I think this is awful and irresponsible. While I agree that the war in Iraq is not helping us win the war on terror, I completely disagree with condemning all of our military men and women for the actions of a few. Granted, I have not seen this movie, but it sounds to me like he's making a case against our military, and any war for that matter, based on the actions of a few criminals. Hollywood makes me sick. (And people wonder why I don't go to the movies more often??)

I am happy to report that most of these sorts of movies, and there seems to be a lot of this sort, don't make it to New Zealand. We mostly get things like Transformers (good), The Simpsons (bad), Shrek the Third (haven't seen it, but liked the first two), and Pirates of the Carribean 3 (haven't see it, it is not my sort of thing).