Objectivism Online Forum

WAP Enabled Site

Rate this topic

I tried to visit the site on my PDA phone, but it didn't go well. I was wondering if there was a WAP version of the site available, or if there are any plans to accomodate mobile devices. It's not really a huge deal, I can always come here on my laptop, but it would still be nice. :lol:

Does the lo-fi version have any of the user capability that allows one to see new posts, active posts, etc? I can work with the hi-fi version on my treo, but it takes a loooooong time to load.

Does the lo-fi version have any of the user capability that allows one to see new posts, active posts, etc? I can work with the hi-fi version on my treo, but it takes a loooooong time to load.

Do you use Blazer, Opera Mini, or some other browser? I've had stability issues with Opera Mini (but admittedly haven't tried it on OO.net)

I tried the "/lofiversion" but it does the same thing on my phone. Both versions of the site just display a blank screen. The document that loads has size 0 bytes which makes me suspect there is a problem with my browser. It seems like any page from {www|forum}.objectivismonline.net doesn't even send a page across. Has anyone else tried this with Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5.0? Every other site I've gone to with my phone works just fine though. B) I wonder if they make a mobile version of FireFox...

I dont know if this will be of much help, but I suppose it could be looked into to. :

"Minimo uses Mozilla Technologies to produce a highly usable web browser for advanced mobile devices" - Minimo site

Minimo page

However its still in early development, version .2, so it might not really meet your needs.