Objectivism Online Forum

The Ayn Rand Wheel

Rate this topic

ctrl y

Have any of you guys seen the "Bible Wheel" yet?

Some idiot noticed that there are 66 books in the bible and 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet, so he wrapped the books of the bible into three concentric "wheels".

BibleWheel_Color_550.gif

He's started looking for connections among the books located on each spoke, often through some pretty tortured reasoning. If you're interested in reading what he's written, you can go here: http://www.biblewheel.com/

Normally, I would just ignore something this stupid. But, the evangelistic Christians have begun using this a lot to "prove" that the Bible was written by God :huh: , and it's getting irksome. I don't really care about getting them to admit they're wrong (I know they won't), but I do want to be able to make it obvious that you can find patterns in any book of that size. I'm planning to do a parody of the Bible Wheel based on OPAR. I call it the Ayn Rand wheel.

My premise is that there are 12 chapters in the book, with 54 subheadings total (I counted). Both 12 and 54 are multiples of 6, which is equal to the number of virtues Rand espoused (independence, integrity, honesty, justice, productiveness, and pride). I'm wrapping the chapters into a wheel of two concentric circles, and heading each spoke with one of the virtues in the order they're mentioned in the book. Here's how it comes out:

Spoke 1 (independence)

Ch 1: Reality

Ch 7: The Good

Spoke 2 (integrity)

Ch 2: Sense perception and Volition

Ch 8: Virtue

Spoke 3 (honesty)

Ch 3: Concept formation

Ch 9: Happiness

Spoke 4 (justice)

Ch 4: Objectivity

Ch 10: Government

Spoke 5 (productiveness)

Ch 5: Reason

Ch 11: Capitalism

Spoke 6 (pride)

Ch 6: Man

Ch 12: Art

Now, I can see a lot of associations that could be made among these even with my beginner's understanding of Objectivism. Spoke 5, for example, lists reason and capitalism under productiveness. Rand saw capitalism as the only form of government that could come from reason, and the most productive. However, I'm sure you guys, knowing so much more about objectivism, will be able to find tons of stuff I can use. My thanks go out to anyone who participates in this.

Edited by ctrl y