Objectivism Online Forum

What Does Rand Mean By This?

Rate this topic

DragonMaci

what "conquering" means psychologically.

Any takers???

To conquer a woman is to make her think of you in romantic terms, to trigger in her a very strong admiration, making her sexual desire for you an inescapable for her outcome. Like the old saying: If you can get in a woman's head, you can get into a woman's bed.

Dagny conquered:

She felt the light-headed, the easy, the almost frivolous sensation of triumph in the knowledge that she was holding him as surely as by a physical touch; for the length of a moment, brief and dangerous to endure, it was a more satisfying form of contact.

Then she felt a sudden, blinding shock, which was half-blow, half-scream within her, and she groped, stunned, for its cause-only to realize that he had leaned a little to one side and it had been no more than the sight of an accidental posture, of the long line running from his shoulder to the angle of his waist, to his hips, down his legs. She looked away, not to let him see that she was trembling—and she dropped all thoughts of triumph and of whose was the power.

How to do this?

through:

force of your character + force of our masculinity

Edited by ~Sophia~

One contradiction my mother has in relation to the control thing is that she thinks that males should lead in dancing. She thinks that is the case because of the nature of dancing. She fails to realise the same applies in other male-female interactions.

The same applies to romantic love, and to sex — and even there it's a very broad abstraction, requiring much insight and a certain level of sophistication to understand, and to apply properly.

In pratical terms, a masterful person is one that can get you to do something just by telling you to do it. They have a commanding presence that lets you know they are the master of the situation. It's a quality found in good teachers, army commanders, and public speakers, and salesmen. I can do it (irregularly) over the phone or online, but not in person because I get flustered.

The same applies to romantic love, and to sex — and even there it's a very broad abstraction, requiring much insight and a certain level of sophistication to understand, and to apply properly.

I understand that. The point is my mother does not. She thinks it applies only to dancing, which is a contradiction. She fails to realise the cause of it applying to dancing and that that cuase applies equally to romance and sex.

In pratical terms, a masterful person is one that can get you to do something just by telling you to do it. They have a commanding presence that lets you know they are the master of the situation. It's a quality found in good teachers, army commanders, and public speakers, and salesmen. I can do it (irregularly) over the phone or online, but not in person because I get flustered.

I do not know if I could do that because I have not yet been in a situation to try it and expect to be obeyed. I have only been in situation where I can expect no obediance. So I have not yet tried it. Until I get into a situation where I can expect it to work I will not find out if I can do it. Of course, that is not to say I don't want to do it.

I do not know if I could do that because I have not yet been in a situation to try it and expect to be obeyed. I have only been in situation where I can expect no obediance.

If you expect no obedience, that's what you're going to get. A masterful (mistressful?) person can get attention and action in ridiculous situations, they can cow entire crowds just by force of personality. It's a good thing for police officers to have, too, so maybe we should ask Rational Biker about it.

Also, another Manly Man from literature: Sam Vimes from the Discworld Novels (Terry Pratchett), (And Carrot from those same novels.)

If you expect no obedience, that's what you're going to get. A masterful (mistressful?) person can get attention and action in ridiculous situations, they can cow entire crowds just by force of personality.

Well, as I recently said to K-Mac and one or two others in the chat, I don't care to be masterful in most situations. In fact I only care to in regards to my own actions, life, my books, the software business I plan to own, and any lover I have. Not anyone else or any other situation.

Also, another Manly Man from literature: Sam Vimes from the Discworld Novels (Terry Pratchett), (And Carrot from those same novels.)

Ah, yes, I have always liked Sam Vimes. Not a big Carrot Ironfoundersson fan though.

Well, as I recently said to K-Mac and one or two others in the chat, I don't care to be masterful in most situations. In fact I only care to in regards to my own actions, life, my books, the software business I plan to own, and any lover I have. Not anyone else or any other situation.

Ah, yes, I have always liked Sam Vimes. Not a big Carrot Ironfoundersson fan though.

Masterful in terms of your own actions / life? Seems a little vague to me...

If you expect no obedience, that's what you're going to get. A masterful (mistressful?) person can get attention and action in ridiculous situations, they can cow entire crowds just by force of personality.

I don't expect it because ordering people usually create arguments rather than get you what you want. The vast majority of people are more likely to do as you want if you politely request them to do it than if you order them to. So usually, order are not effective. That is why I don't expect them to work in most cases.

Jenni, if I recall correctly Vimes actually let Sybil tell him what to do. That does not seem very manly to me, and at the time when a man should act more manly and be more inclined to do so.

Lol. There's actually a precise quote that addresses this question: "Most of the time she got her own way and he was happy to give it, but if he really *insisted*, that was the end of it." Vimes lets Sybil steer him into doing things because he wants to make her happy. Notice how often his priorities take precedence over hers however? There are some beautiful scenes that illustrate this, such as when she's convinced him to stay home for dinner and Cheri shows up with an emergency. Sybil's response? "Well of course you must go."

It is a vast complexity involving many subtleties: you are not going to win women if you blindly apply an abstraction such as "tell them what to do". Demonstrate your control of your surroundings and I'll know that you *permit* me to fuss over you.

Lol. There's actually a precise quote that addresses this question: "Most of the time she got her own way and he was happy to give it, but if he really *insisted*, that was the end of it." Vimes lets Sybil steer him into doing things because he wants to make her happy. Notice how often his priorities take precedence over hers however? There are some beautiful scenes that illustrate this, such as when she's convinced him to stay home for dinner and Cheri shows up with an emergency. Sybil's response? "Well of course you must go."

Hm, I don't remenber that. What book is that in? The only Watch books I have are Jingo and Men at Arms, though I have read them all. In fact the Watch book are my favourite of the Discworld novels.

It is a vast complexity involving many subtleties: you are not going to win women if you blindly apply an abstraction such as "tell them what to do". Demonstrate your control of your surroundings and I'll know that you *permit* me to fuss over you.

That makes sense. I assume women like being permitted to fuss ove their man at times. And the emphasis you place on "permit" makes it seem like the man is still in control even then. Is that what you were trying to get accross? I only ask so I can uderstand.

That makes sense. I assume women like being permitted to fuss ove their man at times. And the emphasis you place on "permit" makes it seem like the man is still in control even then. Is that what you were trying to get accross? I only ask so I can uderstand.

Exactly. Now, some women may not bother with that sort of thing. The specifics are different for different women.

Exactly. Now, some women may not bother with that sort of thing. The specifics are different for different women.

Well, I think I would like the idea of a woman I love romantically trying to fuss over me, so I would be probably let her do it from time to time. But at other times I would deny her that. Assuming I am right in my assumption that I would like it that is. Having never experienced I can't really say for sure.