Objectivism Online Forum

Looking To Relocate To Southern California

Rate this topic

Pericles(MBA)

Hello,

Just thought I might put this out there in case anybody should come across a lead they might be willing to forward to me. I'm a computer tech in Phoenix, Arizona looking to relocate to S. California. I've burned out on the heat and dry air, and am looking for a more hospitable climate. I am looking for work doing tech support for either a military installation; or a pharmaceutical/biosci/university that does medical research and development. You can reach me by sending an email thru this forum. I would have an easier time getting work at a DOD site because of my current experience, but I actually prefer working in the medical community.

The major qualifications I possess:

1) 8+ years hardware desktop and software experience. MCP in Windows 2000 and A+ certified. Experience with all MS operating systems up to the latest service pack for XP. Also some experience with MS and Netware server administration, and network security.

2) Current DOD secret clearance.

3) Experience (from a past job) with FDA compliance and reporting procedures. Knowledge of general bioinformatics terminology.

----------------------------

Resume (Contact phone numbers and some employer names removed for security)

June 2002- Present

US AIR FORCE

Supporting desktop PC's and network connectivity. Supporting specialized software: Statistica, SPSS, and Matlab. Overall support for MS Office. General account creation. Troubleshooting network and server connectivity issues. Coordinating support with server admins and support staff from other bases. Troubleshooting and setup for connectivity to offsite databases and web-based applications. . Support of external VPN access. Communicated client needs with other team members for asset tracking and hardware acquisition. Tracked and managed loaner laptops and other equipment.

Feb 2001- ON SEMICONDUCTOR

Dec 2001 Desktop Support Technician

Front-line desktop hardware and software support. Supported Win2000/NT 4.0, and also IBM hardware troubleshooting, VPN, Citrix, McAfee virus protection. System reimage, Netscape email configuration, installing Office, and troubleshooting adobe acrobat issues. Also use of Timbuktu and other remote troubleshooting tools. SQL driver configuration for VB based finance applications.

June 2000- CIRCLE K STORES

Feb 2001 Technical Analyst I, Helpdesk

NOC helpdesk. NT/Novell remote troubleshooting. General Operations Desk duties, including monitoring /troubleshooting for mainframe, Oracle 8i, Unix, AS/400, Intranet. Trained Store Support Desk staff on general ITSC duties. Job required a high degree of multi-tasking due to extremely structured IT environment.

Feb 99- ALLERGAN

June 2000 Technical Analyst I , Allergan Helpdesk

Technical and Administrative support for Allergan internal clients and sales force clients. Support of network, Unix, SAP, and Exchange access. Use of PC Anywhere for custom solutions and on-the-spot walk-thru for supported software: Office, Win95/98, Winzip, Outlook, MS Project. Account creation for Novell, Unix, Rightfax and Documentum. Support of ACT contact management.

August 97 - Nov 98 MOTOROLA

On contract with several different companies at Motorola sites across Arizona.

NT Rollout Technician Installation and configuration of NT 4.0 on Dell (Dimension & Optiplex) &Compaq computers. Configured context and server settings for user’s NetWare account. Deskside installation of custom software. Troubleshooting network connectivity issues. Use of Norton Ghost for reimage process.

I think that is far enough back for now.

EDUCATION ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY Tempe, AZ

B.A. Journalism May 1996.

Various Microsoft certified training and other general IT course taken at Mesa Community College (Business Institute).

EXECUTRAIN, Phoenix, AZ

TCP/IP MS cert course completed, Spring 1999.

SKILLS

• MCP in Windows 2000

• Comptia 2001 A+ Hardware and Software certified.

• Experience with various Oracle based document imaging packages

• Support level knowledge of Windows NT/2000, Windows 95/98 and Outlook/Office 2000

• Excellent customer service and training skills

Additional job experience and references available on request.

Once again, please email thru this forum.

I am grateful for any leads in my field.

(BTW, I took the name 'Pericles_MBA' because I was initially planning to attempt my MBA in IT administration, but decided to stop after completing my first 6 credits due to time conflicts with work).