Objectivism Online Forum

More reason to withdraw support from Giuliani

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

First of all, I have to say that this news piece is EXTREMELY biased!!!

now for the explination, which this artical "forgot" to add: Giuliani loves the Yankees, but the Yankees LOST. it's over. so who should he root for now? he wants a national team to win, and so he roots for the only one who will get the world series. duh! Of course, his first choice is the Yankees, but they already lost.

What idiots! :confused:

Oh, please. It's a flikkin' spport! if a team you like isn't playing one year, doesn't mean you should mourn and refuse to watch sports that year. He enjoys sports. and in order to enjoy a game, you gotta root for someone and Red Sox are not the enemy. not as in Russia kind of enemy.

Edited by Marty McFly

Oh, please. It's a flikkin' spport! if a team you like isn't playing one year, doesn't mean you should mourn and refuse to watch sports that year. He enjoys sports. and in order to enjoy a game, you gotta root for someone and Red Sox are not the enemy. not as in Russia kind of enemy.

I think you may be missing the joking nature of this topic... Unless, of course, this is another one of those times when I've gravely underestimated the importance the average man places on sports.

Unless, of course, this is another one of those times when I've gravely underestimated the importance the average man places on sports.

I can't speak for the average man. For my part, though, I hate the Yankees and they are the enemy in a sort of fun "Haha, I hope your team loses" way. Not in a "Anyone rooting for or associated with the Yankees is seriously, I mean seriously, vile" way, and definitely not in a "I hate eminent domain and the bastards responsible for it who ruin lives" way.

[Edit: Besides, everyone knows the Broncos are the real enemy. No, wait, they suck. Nevermind. :o ]

Edited by Groovenstein

[Edit: Besides, everyone knows the Broncos are the real enemy. No, wait, they suck. Nevermind. :o ]

Everyone knows the enemy is the Dallas Cowboys (who look likely to earn the right to be beaten by the Patriots come Super Bowl time. But I digress). The Broncos just suck.

As for baseball, is the strike over already? I thought it had been bought out by the NHL for some reason. The only reason baseball isn't as boring as soccer is because soccer does exist. It wasn't named golf only because golf was already taken. And it would be as exciting as watching paint dry, except you could actually watch paint dry instead.

You have BLASPHEMED against the State Religion of Colorado.

:)

Probably shouldn't mention that I'm a Husker fan, then. [ducks] Actually, I guess that doesn't matter so much anymore. Hating on a Husker fan is like hating on a fourth-grader. It's just too easy.

Everyone knows the enemy is the Dallas Cowboys (who look likely to earn the right to be beaten by the Patriots come Super Bowl time. But I digress). The Broncos just suck.

I don't know, I think the Giants might sneak up on them. I don't care either way, though. It doesn't matter to me who the Pats beat to get their 19th win of the season.

The real enemies are the Texas Longhonrns. They are communists and they hate freedom.

Go Aggies!

I agree with sentences 1 and 2. 3, not so much.

Their task in crushing the Reds is going to be very hard now.

Umm, dude, the Reds play in Cincinnati. And besides, two NL teams can't play each in other in the World Series. :P (I know what you were saying. I'm just giving you a hard time.)

Seriously, though, I'm certainly happy with the way these first two games have gone. Big bats in the first game. Francona pulling his pitchers at the perfect times. Continued bullpen excellence. That said, keep in mind the old adage that a playoff series doesn't truly begin until the home team loses a game.

I don't know, I think the Giants might sneak up on them. I don't care either way, though. It doesn't matter to me who the Pats beat to get their 19th win of the season.

18th win, if that. No way in hell will the ghosts of Dolphins past allow anything more.

BTW the addition of football to a topic about baseball is meant only to keep it from being totally pointless.