Objectivism Online Forum

HorrorFest '07

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

I've been fond of horror movies my whole life. Along with black/dark comedies, it's my favorite genre of film. I normally don't like the gore of a lot of modern horror films, but it isn't a deterrent. I just love being scared and jumping out of my seat.

Horror Fest is going to hopefully be an annual Halloween tradition, or at least that is what it's shaping up to be. Basically, 8 horror films are selected that would otherwise not make it into mainstream movie theaters, and for one week selected movie plexes will play these overthetop horror flicks and you can get all-in-inclusive tickets which cover each movie, instead of paying for each individual film. It begins on the 9th of November and continues for a week or so.

Is anyone else planning on attending Horrorfest '07, or are any of you fans of the Horror genre?

Also, not to make everything a matter of debate, but do any of you think horror films are made to relate to our most base instincts and are at the least unintelligent and perhaps even sadistic?

www.horrorfestonline.com is the link

Edited by TheEgoist

I was watching Evil Dead just the other night :P

I love good horror movies, and I'll probably check some of the Horrorfest movies, particularly if they're getting a good buzz.

I've heard some here with less than positive opinions of horror movies as a genre, and there are some scare flicks that even I don't particularly care for (e.g. Devil's Rejects) but... meh.