Objectivism Online Forum

Hello

Rate this topic

Hi. I hope it is okay that I registered even though I am not an Objectivist, or even a student of Objectivism. I'm simply going through some of Ayn Rand's texts, and figured doing some reading at this site might help me clear up any confusion I might otherwise have, from reading them.

I might ask the occassional question in the "general" forum, but even then I promise I'll try to search for an answer BEFORE asking it. It was the fact that I couldn't get the search feature to function until I registered that prompted me to do so.

Hope this is okay.

Regards,

Patrick

I'm simply going through some of Ayn Rand's texts, and figured doing some reading at this site might help me clear up any confusion I might otherwise have, from reading them.

Hi Patrick and welcome. Feel free to ask away, but first, I've got a question for you.

What prompted you to read Ayn Rand? I'm really curious. Was it a school assignment? Was it recommended by a friend? Or? :)

What prompted you to read Ayn Rand?  I'm really curious.  Was it a school assignment?  Was it recommended by a friend?  Or? :confused:

No, simple intellectual curiousity. I'm trying to determine whether I agree Objectivism or not. I've read all her novels, and am beginning to go through all the AR non-fiction my local library holds. However, for the moment, I'm simply going to continue to think of myself as someone with libertarian leanings.

At age 40 I'm a bit past school assignments. Sorry that I didn't mark my age in the profile. I am also aware that my lack of a background in Philosophy is going to make for some tough going on at least some of the reading I'll be doing. Hence, my registration here, so I can search the site and ask the occassional question.

Patrick