Objectivism Online Forum

Gene makes fruit flies bisexual: study

Rate this topic

K-Mac

that's what I'm saying with such a premise, that homosexual man can't be judged as if it was a heterosexual man, same with woman. Or rather that biology isn't black and white, and it shouldnt be. Of course philosophy works not to see the case by case specificals but to draw principles. I think it is clear that what Ayn Rand enunciated is that good or the proper should be exacerbated to the max :A straight man ought to be masculine. Keeping that in mind, I see the current gay-friendly trend as something much more sinister that just accepting biological differences.

Keeping that in mind, I see the current gay-friendly trend as something much more sinister that just accepting biological differences.

I am afraid that I do not follow, exactly. Do you believe the gay-friendly movement is a threat to masculinity and femininity? An intentional over blurring of lines?

Keeping that in mind, I see the current gay-friendly trend as something much more sinister that just accepting biological differences.

On the face of it it does seem that gay culture is very sexually promiscuous which is immoral; however you can say that about straight people as well so I'm not sure that homosexuality promotes sexual degeneration.

I think that homosexuality can be influenced by biological factors and a child's upbringing, but like certain other things which are born out of bad premises (like a love of the sci-fi/fantasy genre and computer games which arguably arise from escapism) it can be a positive part of a person's life.

Perhaps. I haven't drawn a conclusion yet, but I've seen that not gay tolerance but embracement is used by the progressives to pick and prey on the still principled (say christians).

Maybe what i resent is what postmoderns do not only with this issue but with all of them, take ethnicity: it is not enough to tolerate or not discriminate against other races, nor is it acceptable to see the individual and not the race, because the progressive answer to racism is multiculturalism. Instead of hating the other group now you must love it. I deny it and all groups.

In psychoanalisis we would call this obsessive compulsive compensation, it is a very religious ritual.

Perhaps. I haven't drawn a conclusion yet, but I've seen that not gay tolerance but embracement is used by the progressives to pick and prey on the still principled (say christians).

Maybe what i resent is what postmoderns do not only with this issue but with all of them, take ethnicity: it is not enough to tolerate or not discriminate against other races, nor is it acceptable to see the individual and not the race, because the progressive answer to racism is multiculturalism. Instead of hating the other group now you must love it. I deny it and all groups.

In psychoanalisis we would call this obsessive compulsive compensation, it is a very religious ritual.

OK, I understand and agree with that. To make up for government mandated racism we will have more government mandated racism. It follows the same pattern they utilize so often. Make a problem through intervention then suggest that they need to fix it through more intervention. Like the failing banks, again. Perhaps more regulation will fix the industry problem of too much regulation. We'll probably soon find out.