Objectivism Online Forum

I've reached the revelation

Rate this topic

That is, recognizing the validity behind the philosophical position of Objectivism. As a new member, I hope I can contribute to the forum while learning as much as I realistically can. I have several questions, and I hope that everyone will not get tired of me too quickly. :P

Everyone have a nice evening.

-John

Edited by Montrevux

Welcome to the forum. What have you read of Ayn Rand's so far?

I've read the fiction novella Anthem, and the non-fiction works An Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology and The Virtue of Selfishness. I'm confident that I'm recieving at least

Atlas Shrugged for Christmas. While the fact I should read all of her books goes without statement, is there a specific order 

that I should continue towards?

Welcome to the forum. Using the search function can help answer questions, but if not, please, ask them.

Dually noted. I have a question about the specfics regarding the metaphysics of objectivism, but I'll see if the question has been asked previously before I make another thread.

Edited by Montrevux

I've read the fiction novella Anthem, and the non-fiction works An Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology and The Virtue of Selfishness.
There was a topic here a while ago, where different people had varying opinions on the best place to start. Not sure what search terms would find it. If Santa does get you AS for X'mas, then you've got the largest bases covered. I suppose "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal" would be the next logical place, if you wanted non-fiction.

Dually noted.
Since you've alread noted it twice, I won;t repeat the advice :P (just kidding).

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find what you seek.

There was a topic here a while ago, where different people had varying opinions on the best place to start. Not sure what search terms would find it. If Santa does get you AS for X'mas, then you've got the largest bases covered. I suppose "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal" would be the next logical place, if you wanted non-fiction.

Interestingly enough, that book is next on my Christmas list (The joys of still being a teenager :P ).

Since you've alread noted it twice, I won;t repeat the advice :P (just kidding).

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find what you seek.

I thought it looked incorrect. Glad to know I wasn't doubting myself without reason.

Welcome to the forum. Using the search function can help answer questions, but if not, please, ask them.

The search function is like a twisted she-demon. I recommend instead, if you have it, that you use the Google Bar's "Site Search" function.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, Montrevux.

Glad you're here rather than there. Bloody People's Front of Judea.