Objectivism Online Forum

Tom Rexton

Rate this topic

Hi, Jeff Franco is my real name and I am (or about to be in two weeks) a junior of Lakes High School in Lakewood, WA. I've lived in four states and two countries (my father is an enlisted, active-duty soldier who is currently deployed in Iraq).

I was introduced to Objectivism by picking off the biggest book in my English teacher's book shelf. That book was The Fountainhead. I read it in November of last year and immediately after I finished it I bought Atlas Shrugged and managed to complete that in two weeks (with a lot of sleep deprivation! :)). Had I not forgotten to bring my regular book to class for our individual reading assignments, I would never have discovered The Fountainhead and thereby Objectivism!

Four the past few months I've been reading some of Ayn Rand's non-fiction, technical books to further my understanding and expand my knowledge of Objectivism. I've also been discussing it in a variety of forums to clarify some of the confusions that I still have with specific topics and issues.

Welcome to the board. I had a similar experience during my senior year when I read The Fountainhead. Since then I've read a large number of Objectivist books (many of them more than once) and I've been hooked on the writings of Ayn Rand ever since The Fountainhead.

Ask as many questions about Objectivism as you'd like. Answering such questions allows those of us with a more experienced knowledge of Objectivism to refine our knowledge. :)

Hi Jeff! My name is Carrie, and I'm new to this forum!! Iam also studying Objectivism. I go to a tutor once a month. As well as read whenever I can. I think it's great to clarify your knowledge and talk to other objectivists. It's a win win! you can clarify your knowledge and make great new friends :D ! Talk to you later! bye.