Objectivism Online Forum

Last FM

Rate this topic

athena glaukopis

How many of you have Last FM?

If you do, post your last.fm profile, and some musical suggestions as to your favorites and why!

The best part about this site, is if there is an artist that you're interested in listening to, click the little blue arrow by his/her name and you can sample their music! Each artist has their own page with clips, bios, and "artists like [x]"

I figured this would be a good way to get to know new music via each other.

My Last FM profile, feel free to add me!

Edited by athena glaukopis

My Last FM profile

I think the best feature of Last FM is that, if you'd like it to, it will track all of the music you listen to on your computer, and give you neighbors and a "recommended" radio station based on what you listen to. They're both methods for finding new, good music. With the recommended radio, you can even use a scale to set whether you would like it to play more obscure tunes, or things more closely related to your tastes. You can also listen to your own radio station, which I think plays only the artists you've listened to, and the individual radio stations of anyone else with an account. You can friend, etc., so it's social, but you don't have to put effort into it if you don't want to.

You can go back in time and see charts for what you were listening to on any given week. You can view your "weekly neighbors" and a list of recommended artists if you're interested. You can see global charts for everyone who uses the service, you can join groups, etc. There are a lot of different music-finding tools.

In short, Last FM > Pandora.

My Last FM profile

I think the best feature of Last FM is that, if you'd like it to, it will track all of the music you listen to on your computer, and give you neighbors and a "recommended" radio station based on what you listen to. They're both methods for finding new, good music. With the recommended radio, you can even use a scale to set whether you would like it to play more obscure tunes, or things more closely related to your tastes. You can also listen to your own radio station, which I think plays only the artists you've listened to, and the individual radio stations of anyone else with an account. You can friend, etc., so it's social, but you don't have to put effort into it if you don't want to.

You can go back in time and see charts for what you were listening to on any given week. You can view your "weekly neighbors" and a list of recommended artists if you're interested. You can see global charts for everyone who uses the service, you can join groups, etc. There are a lot of different music-finding tools.

In short, Last FM > Pandora.

Yes, I agree. The tracking is what I really like. It allows me to really see how much of each artist I listen to, as well as a quick way for me to show all of my friends (?) what I like to listen to!