Objectivism Online Forum

Funny story about a church mass.

Rate this topic

A good friend and me usually go to church on Sundays because his job is to play for the mass and I go to sing for the choir. So after one mass we meet up in the balcony and he said he had to give something to the priest and he handed me a book. I looked at him with a grin and said "You didn.t...." He had brought Atlas Shrugged with him to the mass. For the sake of the church revolting against me, I had put the book in my jacket because he really couldn't have been seen with the book seeing as how it was his job (he makes a decent amount for doing it as well). So after we were done we downstairs to get donuts . I still have the book in my jacket. :dough: While we were sitting discussing the mass and how religious people are so irrational. One of the choir members came over to us and started chatting with us. All of these people are under the impression we're religious. we winded up getting on the topic of philosophy and how the choir member's son majored in philosophy in college. My friend was trying to prove how the mind sets of the religous control them. We asked him who his son's favorite philosopher and he responded with Nietzsche. By now he was saying how we should be grateful that god gave us our gifts and put all of our faith in god for he will lead our lives. Well we had to get going so we said we had to run and while we were walking out my friend my friend whispered to me "Nietzsche was one of the greatest .philosophers that ever lived."

The entire time i had Atlas Shrugged in my jacket.