Objectivism Online Forum

The Worst President in US History

Rate this topic

adrock3215

FUCK ! - Ok, I just thought I would get emotional and say that too.

Now, back to the topic. I just wish Lincoln the tyrant would have left the South alone and respect the fact that those states were free to leave or stay in the union much like the original colonies were free to stay leave or stay with England.

If the north was concerned about "freeing" slaves then they could have let the South leave the union and welcome runaway slaves into northern states since they would not have to return them to states that were no longer part of their union. Or Lincoln could have had his butchers, mercenaries and madmen (like Grant, Sherman, etc) simple march south and "free" the slaves and allow them to go north, once again to freedom.

But we all know that Lincoln was not concerned with freeing slaves - but rather enslaving freee men. And seriously - the north did not want a migration of slaves into their states in the event the south left the union and slaves either escaped and went north or at some point were freed by those in the south much like slaves had previously in the north. Northern Americans didn't want black people living amongst them to that extent. So the solution seemed simple at the time: start a war (and Lincoln had numerous reasons for doing so that fit with his tyrannical and mercantilist agenda) send armies south to kill other Americans, defeat the south and then let those states deal with the aftermath off over a million free slaves.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK ! - Ok, I just thought I would get emotional and say that too.

Please stop your childish behavior, how old are you, twelve?

I just wish Lincoln the tyrant would have left the South alone and respect the fact that those states were free to leave or stay in the union much like the original colonies were free to stay leave or stay with England.

You have stolen the concept "free". You are not "free" to enslave someone and neither is a state. No state has the freedom to secede in order to enslave.

If the north was concerned about "freeing" slaves then they could have let the South leave the union and welcome runaway slaves into northern states since they would not have to return them to states that were no longer part of their union.

Hold on, if you think that it is proper to enslave a people and that a state may be formed on that premise, then presumably if Southern slavemaster's property ran away it would be proper and legal for them to retrieve it.

Or Lincoln could have had his butchers, mercenaries and madmen (like Grant, Sherman, etc) simple march south and "free" the slaves and allow them to go north, once again to freedom.

You certainly have the attention span of a twelve year old, you change tacks from one sentence to the next. Now you think that it would be proper for the North to invade the South as long as they were a separate country. If this is your position, then you should have no problem with the Civil War since the South actually seceded; they were a separate country -- its called HISTORY.

So you call the men who saved the United States from self destruction and ended slavery: "madmen". And you have taken up the rhetoric and cause of Southern slaveholders and those that supported them. Cookoo, cookoo.

And seriously - the north did not want a migration of slaves into their states in the event the south left the union and slaves either escaped and went north or at some point were freed by those in the south much like slaves had previously in the north. Northern Americans didn't want black people living amongst them to that extent.

You really seem to have some insight on how Northerners felt about blacks, tell me, do you feel the same way? It sure sounds like you do.

And, by the way, slaves did escape and go North, it was called the Underground Railroad.

So the solution seemed simple at the time: start a war

Again, you need to actually read history: the South started the Civil War.

(and Lincoln had numerous reasons for doing so that fit with his tyrannical and mercantilist agenda) send armies south to kill other Americans, defeat the south and then let those states deal with the aftermath off over a million free slaves.

Ohhhh NO!!!!!!!!! There are free men amongst us, what shall we do???????????

Lincoln:

- Suspended the writ of habeas corpus

- Spent money before Congress appropriated it

- Imprisoned 18,000 suspected Confederate sympathizers without trial

- Signed the Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act

- Signed the second and third Morrill Tariffs

- Created US Income Tax

- Increased US Income Taxes

- Signed the National Banking Acts

- Approved the creation of the USDA

- Signed the first Legal Tender Act

- Controlled the press

- Signed the Enrollment Act producing first wartime draft in US history

- Controlled all cotton trade in the occupied South

- Said "If I could save the union without freeing one slave, I would."

- Said "I do not hold that the Negro is the equal of the white man."

- Said "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."