Objectivism Online Forum

Who is Jamie Clay?

Rate this topic

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with this ‘story’ –

Let me start with a simple background profile. I’m first generation born to objectivism. Was raised on the Brandon lectures, Fountain Head and of course Atlas Shrugged. Prof. Tibor Machan is a dear friend (who I grew up with calling Uncle) and Brandon was council to one of my brothers during less stable times. Note if you don’t know who Tibor is, it’s your loss but google him + Rand.

I’ve always been a Galt like character and when I had my special effects company, my crew would sometimes tease me in comparison. Sometime near the end of last year, one of them thought it would be a funny joke to put my name is for Galt on IMDB, and yes it’s very much like Wikipedia only with a larger delay before the change occurs. They also thought it was funny because I was a big Angelina Jolie fan (and that we both share a common birth DAY – not year, obviously).

Needless to say when they ‘pulled the prank’, we all had a good laugh and I didn’t think anything of leaving it there, fully expecting IMDB to eventually get the word that it was erroneous. They did and my name was removed.

Then it returned – and THEN I noticed these message boards where my name was coming up. (not much of a message board surfer, at least for this sort of topic)

Anyway - I theorized the studio may have liked that there was this buzz about this nobody guy playing ?Galt? – and maybe that’s why someone put my name back. I’ve made no attempt to resolve this because I’m confident it will resolve itself. If you’re offended by my lack of concern on this issue, I’m sorry, take a deep breath and enjoy knowing that your hero is still safe and no doubt will be played by some formula hunk that fits what you’ve imagined. (oh sure, as if)

At this point you would have to torture me to play Galt. ;)

PS: part of me does like the foolish, erroneous and biting speculation that has come from this – it’s made the original prank all the more glorious. Thank you internets.

Anyway - I theorized the studio may have liked that there was this buzz about this nobody guy playing ?Galt? – and maybe that’s why someone put my name back.

Should such things create a buzz these days? I mean, it would hardly be the first time an unkown actor is anounced as a star in a major motion picture. I refer you all to last year's Superman Returns, to name but one.

Okay, so is it true that you want to be an Oscar Mayer wiener (well, do you claim to want to), or is that one of the other Jamie Clays? I'm wondering, could they actually get away with castins the part, filming it on the q.t, and not reveal the secret? My god, imagine the millions of people wondering "Who is John Galt?", to be revealed at an opportune moment in the film.

I’ve always been a Galt like character and when I had my special effects company, my crew would sometimes tease me in comparison. Sometime near the end of last year, one of them thought it would be a funny joke to put my name is for Galt on IMDB...

I bet the original prankster on your staff was Karl Raade. Wasn't it? In this picture on your DPH history page, he looks like he's dreaming up some Jamie Clay-related trick to play on the world. Also, I'm thinking Jonah Loop was in on it, too. Those guys seem like they are very close buddies. The way I figure it, it was most likely Karl who came up with the idea in the first place, but it was Jonah who actually made the changes in IMDB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I bet the original prankster on your staff was Karl Raade. Wasn't it? In this picture on your DPH history page, he looks like he's dreaming up some Jamie Clay-related trick to play on the world. Also, I'm thinking Jonah Loop was in on it, too. Those guys seem like they are very close buddies. The way I figure it, it was most likely Karl who came up with the idea in the first place, but it was Jonah who actually made the changes in IMDB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You actually spent time trying to figure this out? :rolleyes:

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? So like, this is John Galt speaking. I am, ya know, the man who loves his life. All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We are on strike. I have removed your means of survival-your victims. We, the men of the mind, are now on strike against you in the name of a single axiom, that existence exists. So my morality, the morality of reason, is contained in a single axiom: existence exists-and in a single choice: to live. And like, if you renounce all personal desire and dedicate your life to those you love, you do not achieve full virtue. I, who do not accept the unearned, neither in values nor in guilt, am here to ask the questions you evaded. Anyhow, there have always been men of intelligence who went on strike, in protest and despair, but they did not know the meaning of their action. LOL! Unless you learn the answers to these questions, you will not stay much longer on this earth. Uh, accept the fact that the achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life. Look past the range of the moment. ROTFLMAO! You will win when you are ready to pronounce the oath I have taken at the start of my battle, or whatever. Fo shizzle, I swear-by my life and my love of it-that I will never live for the sake of another person, in the gender-neutral sense, nor ask another human being (can't say 'man') to live for mine. Unless it supports the greater common good. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, you've been a wonderful audience. I owe everything to my fans. I am nothing without you.

This may be really off topic but I couldn't help but say it. That entire speech would be absolutly hilarious if it was narrated by Jeff Bridges as The Dude from the Big Lebowski and ended with "The Dude abides..."

This may be really off topic but I couldn't help but say it. That entire speech would be absolutly hilarious if it was narrated by Jeff Bridges as The Dude from the Big Lebowski and ended with "The Dude abides..."

Actually it just reminds me of that Valley Girl thing from House:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fGITZaosYtQ