Objectivism Online Forum

Galt's Speech Poster

Rate this topic

KevinDW78

I'd love a poster of the stamp.

These are available through Cordair Gallery. at http://www.cordair.com/gaetano/

You can also buy lithographs of the original cover art for Rand's books but they cost around $700 a piece

I imagine he will come up with a pile of other clever ideas that will also make him rich

You are implying that I ever had any intention of doing anything to profit monitarily by something I was simply doing for fun. This is not true.

Edited by KevinDW78

You are implying that I ever had any intention of doing anything to profit monitarily by something I was simply doing for fun. This is not true.
I thought he was just giving you the benefit of the doubt. As in, your poster is a good idea by you, but you should rethink how you go about executing something like that in the future.

I am implying that I thought you showed evidence of a talent for creating novel things, and that you could probably do it again if you wanted. I would also assert that it is a virtue and not a vice to make a profit off of something that you enjoy doing. And I note that you had already stated that in this instance you had no intent to commercialize the profit. It is true that you would have made serious errors if you had planned to make get money for your creation, but that wasn't your purpose.