Objectivism Online Forum

Nokia nanotech phone concept

Rate this topic

By David from Truth, Justice, and the American Way,cross-posted by MetaBlog

According to a University of Wisconsin-Madison study, 71% of Americans believe that nanotechnology is immoral.

Here is a video and photos from Nokia portraying some of the features of a nanotechnology-enabled concept phone. In terms of its scope, the design is very anachronistic, but it does demonstrate some current and near-term applications. Here is a list of more practical applications of nanotech.

" />
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355">

TruthJusticeAndTheAmericanWay?i=ZVwItmE TruthJusticeAndTheAmericanWay?i=8dEGqje TruthJusticeAndTheAmericanWay?i=jVNcQqe

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/archives/003332.html

I remember taking a course on nanotechnology through the engineering dept. a couple years ago and loving it. It was a course designed for non-science folk but I think I still had an easier time in the class than the government majors. Nano stuff is exciting and I can't wait to see this field advance.