Objectivism Online Forum

I know most don't like him but...

Rate this topic

adrock3215

Yeah, his foreign policy is wrong. But you got to admit, he is mostly right in this clip and he's the only one even mentioning the gold standard and pushing Austrian ideas within the political realm. Bernanke has no clue how to respond; he knows the Federal Reserve system is a joke. As a side note, Rick Santelli (the guy shown talking at the end, reporting from the floor of the Chicago Board Of Trade) is an admirer of Rand and frequently mentions her on air. He is one of the best personalities consistently on CNBC.

Edited by adrock3215

Yeah, his foreign policy is wrong. But you got to admit, he is mostly right in this clip and he's the only one even mentioning the gold standard and pushing Austrian ideas within the political realm. Bernanke has no clue how to respond; he knows the Federal Reserve system is a joke. As a side note, Rick Santelli (the guy shown talking at the end, reporting from the floor of the Chicago Board Of Trade) is an admirer of Rand and frequently mentions her on air. He is one of the best personalities consistently on CNBC.

I agree about Santelli. I always enjoy listening to him speak on CNBC. He's the only person on that network I can stand.

• 10 months later...
As a side note, Rick Santelli (the guy shown talking at the end, reporting from the floor of the Chicago Board Of Trade) is an admirer of Rand and frequently mentions her on air. He is one of the best personalities consistently on CNBC.
He was just on CNBC saying "Hank Rearden of Atlas Shrugged must be turning in his grave". Not Rand, not Galt, but Rearden: that definitely speaks to familiarity with Rand.

Ron Paul is absolutely right there. But guess what, if I were in his seat, and he was in Bernanke's, boy would that be a youtube video for the ages.

Now, if a smart Objectivist were in Bernanke's seat, there's nothing anyone could say to win the argument, no matter who's in a position where he's able to dominate the conversation.

That said, Ron Paul made a rational, honest argument, didn't resort to the usual evasive tricks these people use, so good for him.