Objectivism Online Forum

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

Rate this topic

I feel bad for his wife.

I don't. She's probably just as bad as he is to be able to love someone like that. (She was encouraging him not to resign, by the way.) And to stand up next to him when he should have been standing alone, I think, is a horrible example for their three daughters.

The more I learn about him, the more I hate him.

I feel bad for his wife. She's kind of hot too.

Since she knew him better than you did, what does that say about her? :)

BTW: The NYTimes reported that she was the one urging him to stay not to resign.

"Sorry" was probably the wrong word. More like, "She's hot, why bang hookers when you can bang your wife"

I figured that would lead to a swift deletion of the post, but heh, that's my two cent's (in my pocket... not in a hookers! :) ).

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Report_Spit...heen_15217.html

As time goes by more details emerge about the woman who became the hottest thing on the internet after causing Eliot Spitzer to resign as Governor of New York.

First, it was revealed that she had MySpace and Facebook pages on which she alleged she has been "broke and homeless" since she left home at the age of 17, to pursue a career as a singer-songwriter in New York. Thursday afternoon, the Facebook and MySpace profiles were gone, CNN said.

Meanwhile, The NY Sun reports that Ashley Alexandra Dupre, 22, was in fact lying about her rough past on her web pages. Dupre, known also by her prostitute name, "Kristen," "wrote that she was abused while growing up and was homeless for a time, while in fact she was a child of privilege in Wall, N.J., a quiet town in one of the country's wealthiest counties," The NY Sun reports, quoting Jennifer Delvalle, one of her friends.

"She's very dramatic. I can speak from the time she was 7 until 16 years old, there was never any physical or sexual abuse," Delvalle told The NY Sun.

Also, Dupre also did Charlie Sheen with another hooker when she was 19, ShowBizspy.com reports. Apparently Dupre was already a prostitute in her teens and worked for infamous pimp Jason Itzler, who was jailed in 2006 after pleading guilty to running the $25,000-a-night prostitution ring. Funny enough, it was Spitzer who brought down his business. Itzler says Dupre was a hard working prostitute who always had an eye for the rich men and made tens of thousands of dollars a month.

Her brother is a drug dealer, the same online publication reports. The day the New York Times broke the news of Spitzer's illegal sex with her, brother Kyle Youmans pleaded guilty in a court to dealing heroin.

While she wanted to break through in music, she might be better suited for making money with her body, something she already proved she's good at. Only this time, legally: Penthouse publisher Diane Silberstein said they consider offered Ashley Alexander Dupre a cover shot, while Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt said they also wanted to feature her.

She posted two songs on the music sharing site Aime Street, "What You Want" and "Move Ya Body," both critically panned. However, it appears that several radio stations across the nation have started airing them.

According to an investigation, Dupre met with Spitzer on Feb. 13 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington for sex, a meet-up arranged through the international call-girl outfit called the Emperor's Club, where she was employed as a high-priced prostitute. She was paid $4,300 for the session, one of many that investigators said Spitzer had with women employed by the prostitution ring that operated in several cities worldwide.

I can't decided if this is sad, pathetic, insane, interesing or hilarous.

• 2 months later...

Looks like this moron is back in the news for the time being. Apparantly, Mr. Spitzer is looking to start a new vulture real estate fund. A pretty strange quote from the article:

During the meeting, Mr. Spitzer expressed relief that he was no longer burdened with the frustrations of being governor, according to the source. And, in contrast to his repentant resignation speech that he delivered beside his tearful wife, Silda Wall, he took a more relaxed view of his indiscretions.

He has told friends and associates that he is consoled by passersby who stop him on the city sidewalks and tell him that sex is "no big deal" and that the disclosure that he frequented prostitutes was distorted out of proportion, the source said. Europeans, the former governor has noted, have been especially supportive of him and perplexed by the fallout from the scandal.