Objectivism Online Forum

Flame Warriors!

Rate this topic

Mammon

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Everyone who frequents message boards online should invest some time in studying these stereotypes. Chances are that you've probably ran into a few. You might even be one.

I've been known to be a bit of this guy,this guy and this guy, before I lose respect and patience for people on the board.

Edited by Mammon

Yup, I remember that website. It's been around about ten years. I would say many of those caricatures are more obvious on the wide open forums of Usenet than forums like this that are moderated. You really learn what and how people think on Usenet.

It doesn't seem to me that the label of philosopher would be in any way negative, even when labeling those that participate in a flame war. Why do you think so Mammon?

I don't think it's intended to be negative...

Those are hilarious!

Here are some that I think are very...me-like:

Evil Clown: This one I think just shares some of my characteristics. I don't have patience for in depth discussion, at least on forums, but I don't think I'm evil...and don't try to use humor to hurt people.

Coffee Klatch: The internet is totally my Wednesday morning canasta.

Enfant Provocateur: I just can't help myself sometimes, but it's mostly me being...Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

Rebel Without A Clue: What can I say? I hate stupid rules.

Strumpet: I likes me sex jokes.

• 3 weeks later...