Objectivism Online Forum

Robert Tracy

Rate this topic

vanVlietArt

I have long regarded Robert Tracy as one of the best and easiest to admire artists. His excellent technical skills are coupled with wonderful insight and value.

From one of his sites:

"Robert Tracy is a self-taught romantic-realist artist. At the time he began his art career, non-objective art held a near monopoly to the claim of serious art. The art schools were among the staunchest supporters of that monopoly. The choice was to get on board or go your own way. Robert Tracy went his own way."

Some links to his work: http://hank1.deviantart.com/

Some work for sale: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Art-of-Robert-T...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

"...Tracy’s art is not fashionable. It does not seek to shock, affront, distort, deconstruct, or dissolve. It seeks only to invite you in to share his world..."

An art review: http://www.tracyfineart.com/art_review.htm

Perhaps the finest portrait of Ayn Rand in existence. http://hank1.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-o...n-Rand-50279940 It is being offered and demands to be placed in the home of an ardent admirer.

Take a close look at the work and descriptions. I think you will enjoy the experience.

Gordon.

• 6 months later...
Nice to meet you here Linda. I have enjoyed your gallery for many years. I often recommend people visit your excellent site.

Sorry for the delayed reply; I never saw your post.

Thank you for being a fan of our gallery and for sharing it with others.

• 5 years later...
I am the subject of this drawing.

"Portrait of Steven L. Sheppard" is a drawing done by Robert Tracy and is available here for those interested in a print of it:

Quent Cordair Fine Art Gallery:  http://www.cordair.com/tracy/

Here is the drawing "Portrait of Steven L. Sheppard" my reader artist Robert Tracy drew of me as the subject on my wall, for it arrived today!

I chose to have it as a matte finish canvas print, with 1.5" stretcher bars, black sides, sized at 7.625" x 10". The original is right around that size, but one can choose to have a much larger one on the Fine Art America site:

I also bought a greeting card to see what it looks like. I'll post a comparison of the two next.

This artwork is beyond just me, it's universal, too.

Ayn Rand writes: "The basic purpose of art is not to teach, but to show - to hold up to man a concretized image of his nature and his place in the universe." 

No other art work that I have ever seen, does just that, quite like this one. Look at my place in this drawing. A photo of me could not do what is stylized and symbolized in this artwork, and what it says about the artist who'd created this magnificent masterpiece. I cannot imagine of there being any higher tribute to me, or to Man, right now than this drawing. There is absolutely nothing like it.

"[…]the man who puts his own 'I', his standard of value, above all things, and conquers to live as he pleases, as he chooses and as he believes […]" (from the Journals of Ayn Rand)

"His normal state is to be exalted, all the time; he wants all of his life to be high, supreme, full of meaning." (from the Journals of Ayn Rand)

"a man who looked as if he could break through the steel plate of a battleship and through any barrier whatever. It stood like a challenge. It left a strange stamp on one's eyes." (Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead)

"Your life, your achievement, your happiness, your person are of paramount importance.  Live up to your highest vision of yourself no matter what the circumstances you might encounter.  An exalted view of self-esteem is man's most admirable quality."  (Ayn Rand, Night of January the 16th)

One can add text to the greeting cards, up to I think 300 characters. I have many quotes I'd put in the cards myself, those among them.

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.” (Akston, from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged)

Will others recognize the greatness of this drawing, and the artist who'd created it, here and now, as I do, or will it go totally unrecognized by you?

"It takes two to make a very great career: The man who is great, and the man - almost rarer - who is great enough to see greatness and say so." (from Ayn Rand's novel, The Fountainhead)

1510968_529560893825707_336691521_n.jpg
Edited by intellectualammo

• 2 months later...

Well I am. Bought the original for $1,000.00 firm. I think it is important to note, that this was not a commissioned work.

I haven't taken a photo of the original I own yet. But that canvas print and a greeting card I bought I have more photos of. I set this one up to show you guys the 5x7 card, while having a bit of fun with Sylvia there:

"standing there […] she saw him - 'that big, dark, hunky boy, the only one... huge enough for me.' […] Sylvia had wanted to know who he was the instant she spotted him. […] while she studied him […] Sylvia could see more clearly his tall frame, his broad shoulders, his youthful, sensual face. […] Her body rigid with fear and expectation, Sylvia looked at him, knowing in her heart who loomed before her […]" (taken out of context from Rough Magic: A Biography of Sylvia Plath by Paul Alexander)

"To the adoring Sylvia, he looked like a giant, trolling the hospital corridors next to people half his size." (American Isis: The Life and Art of Sylvia Plath, Carl Rollyson)

"his mind is the biggest, most imaginative I have ever met. I could live in its growing countries forever.” (Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath)

1896809_530499940398469_41921978_n.jpg

1522944_530037437111386_911934845_o.jpg

This print just arrived yesterday:

10172732_566075850174211_419706619950622

That frame is even more perfect than I thought it was going to be. Fine Art America really has some nice frames to choose from there at their site. You can see what your art will look like in different frames, mediums, etc. before checkout. It's really great. No buyer's remorse ever with them. I've bought over a dozen items from them in the last few months. All art by Robert C. Tracy. His art holds a monopoly on my walls as well as on all my published play covers. Here it is at FAA, shows the rich color of it better than my Fire HD camera:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/girl-at-the-window-robert-tracy.html