The Year's At Spring; All is Right with the World

tadema5.jpg

A Coign of Vantage

Tadema%20girls%20reading%20favorite_poet_39.jpg

A Favorite Poet

expectations-alma-tadema.jpg

Expectations

AlmaTadema_Spring_det1894.jpg

Spring (I've seen this one in person! Stunning...)

Alma-Tadema_Unconscious_Rivals_1893.jpg

Unconscious Rivals

Sir Lawrence Alda-Tadema (1836-1912) was a prominent Classical painter of the Victorian era. He was well known for his portrayal of Greek and Roman scenes.

I have an extensive list of artists on my website and a gallery for each along the lines of Alma-Tadema and other classical types of artists:

http://www.appliedphilosophyonline.com/art-prints.htm

I definitely like realism in these paintings and the depiction of man. They look so rationally confident, and Tadema as well as others really know how to capture a scene.

I have an extensive list of artists on my website and a gallery for each along the lines of Alma-Tadema and other classical types of artists:

http://www.appliedphilosophyonline.com/art-prints.htm

I definitely like realism in these paintings and the depiction of man. They look so rationally confident, and Tadema as well as others really know how to capture a scene.

Ha, I have been planning out which of my favorites to start posting and you have lots of them, thanks I might just link some that you've already collected for me :D

Ha, I have been planning out which of my favorites to start posting and you have lots of them, thanks I might just link some that you've already collected for me :D

Thanks.

I don't have it set up to link to the images individually.

I have been in the art business for about 25 years, and have loved these on my website for most of that time. There are others, but there is some legal debate about posting images onto a website that are copyrighted. Most publishers will say it's a violation of copyright to use images of their work, unless one takes the photographs oneself, say if they are framed. It becomes especially problematic if the image files are detailed enough that one could print them out on a home printer and get great results. So I can only have those up as advertisements for a print supplier. If one thinks of a website as a publication, as I do, then I have to abide by copyright requests. Many artists don't mind using their images if you have a link to their website, but it is good to ask first.

Besides, I originally wanted to make some money from my on-line galleries, but that isn't working out so well. But those images go along with Objectivism, as they are aspects of applied rational philosophy, so I leave them up there :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...