Objectivism Online Forum

This picture gives me incredible pride.

Rate this topic

themadkat

I want to share this with you folks:

post-4097-1206640351_thumb.jpg

I took this today. It has incredible personal significance for me. For anyone not familiar with the logo on the hat, it's Texas A&M, which is where I will be pursuing my PhD come August. Getting into grad school has been quite an ordeal, a project of nearly two years' work, but I was able to get into a program that is perfect for me and I did it entirely on my terms. I'll spare the details unless folks really want to know, but I definitely want to make it clear that this represents a huge achievement for me.

Gig em, Aggies!

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I have no idea what Kendall's sentence hear means, and that it should be considered a moment of temporary insanity.

Anyway, have fun Kat, and get Tara Smith's signature.

Anyway, have fun Kat, and get Tara Smith's signature.

To do tha she'd have to go into "enemy territory". Tara teaches at UT (University of Texas).

As to Gig 'em.

Edited by KendallJ

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys. I'm hoping that in 6 or 7 years I'll have another announcement similar to DarkWaters so I can be Professor Kat. And in case I do ever make it over to Austin, which isn't a big stretch, I'd love to talk to Tara Smith, as ethics is the area of philosophy I find most interesting.

I knew I was in the right place when I was interviewing the folks I'll be working with at Texas A&M and we had a good laugh on how awful and stupid postmodernism is and my potential advisor said she was drawn to my applications because I talked about ideas and research questions rather than "aww look at the cute monkeys". She also mentioned having read and enjoyed Rand's work.