Objectivism Online Forum

ARI New Site/new Peikoff Lecture Online (free)

Rate this topic

jedymastyr

ARI completely redesigned its site (www.aynrand.org). I think they just put it up today, although it is definitely very recent.

They now have a register/login system, and once you've registered you can access a lecture by Peikoff online and for free: "Why Should One Act on Principle?" I only know of two other lectures streamed through ARI (the one hour intro video and the 5-hour seminar), so I found it to be useful and important.

I really like the new look...it seems a lot more professional and blue :(

That does look a lot better than the old version.

The lecture of Peikoff's they put up is (IMHO) one of his better ones. I found it very clarifying the first time I heard it, and I've always meant to pick up a copy someday. Now I guess I can just download it.

The new site design reminds me of a typical powerpoint presentation (especially the opening page). But navigation is more streamlined now, which is why I prefer it over the old layout.

I think the title at the top (The Ayn Rand Institute, The Center for the Advancement of Objectivism) could be a bit larger.

Guest jrshep
Where exactly is the new lecture at on the site?

Assuming that you're referring to Dr. Peikoff's "Why Should One Act on Principle?" Ford Hall Forum lecture (given many years ago, and now available for free listening at the ARI site), then you have to go to the Ayn Rand Institute website ( http://www.aynrand.org ) and register, which will require your name and an email address.

After registering, you will automatically be redirected to your "Registered User Page," (there's a link to that page, once you've registered, on the left side of the ARI home page). On the "Registered User Page," scroll down and you will see a brief blurb about the lecture and a link to listen to it

During your registration, you will be sent, by email, a reply which will include your user name (your email address) and your password, a password that you can change to your own liking by accessing your profile information at the ARI site.

Make sense?

The actual URL to the page with the lecture blurb and the link to listen is: http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reg_welcome but I assume that you'll only get there after registering and a "cookie" is created on your own computer.

Enjoy.

Edited by jrshep