Objectivism Online Forum

Mike Oldfield-Music of the Spheres

Rate this topic

Gabo

Few contemporary musicians have as much musical skill and as benevolent a sense of life as Mike Oldfield.

I urge you to listen to his latest album, Music of the Spheres. In it, Mike attempts to create (with a full orchestra to back him up) what the universe would sound like if we could listen to the inner music of the celestial bodies. The results are breathtaking!

Link: www.mikeoldfield.com

Few contemporary musicians have as much musical skill and as benevolent a sense of life as Mike Oldfield.

I urge you to listen to his latest album, Music of the Spheres. In it, Mike attempts to create (with a full orchestra to back him up) what the universe would sound like if we could listen to the inner music of the celestial bodies. The results are breathtaking!

Link: www.mikeoldfield.com

Well, I still worship God, but I like some of Oldfield's old stuff such as _Hergest Ridge_.

You made an interesting and compelling point though. Many of the giants of electronic music can veer towards darkness. (Maybe somebody should get Steve Roach an energy drink sometime soon? ;-D )

It's good that I'm not the only Objectivist here who loves REAL progressive rock! :thumbsup:

Edited by tps_fan

Well, I still worship God, but I like some of Oldfield's old stuff such as _Hergest Ridge_.

You made an interesting and compelling point though. Many of the giants of electronic music can veer towards darkness. (Maybe somebody should get Steve Roach an energy drink sometime soon? ;-D )

It's good that I'm not the only Objectivist here who loves REAL progressive rock! :lol:

I'm busy listening to it. Amazingly beautiful and uplifting.

Well, I still worship God, but I like some of Oldfield's old stuff such as Hergest Ridge

I tend to like most of his stuff, but yes, Hergest Ridge ranks among his best works. Music of the Spheres, however, blows my mind. It may be his best ever--- even better than The Songs of Distant Earth!