Objectivism Online Forum

Rather new to objectivism.

Rate this topic

My name is John, a few months ago I read We The Living which was amazing, and I am nearing the end of Atlas Shrugged. I am twenty years old, I plan on studying business at the end of this year. I am very good with computers, mostly programming related tasks. I can do a lot more than just that, of course.

I live out in Australia in the small town of Latrobe Valley. I once lived in the outer suburbs of the city.

My name is John, a few months ago I read We The Living which was amazing, and I am nearing the end of Atlas Shrugged. I am twenty years old, I plan on studying business at the end of this year. I am very good with computers, mostly programming related tasks. I can do a lot more than just that, of course.

I live out in Australia in the small town of Latrobe Valley. I once lived in the outer suburbs of the city.

Welcome to the forum. Interesting study choice. What made you choose that?

G'day John. There's also The Fountainhead and Anthem, too - both cracking reads. Good luck with the business studies!

So, you're a Victorian? That's okay, I wont hold it against you <_<

JJM

I want to get the Fountainhead, I've also read Anthem I just forgotten to mention it.

At the moment I would say I have a worry, which is basically how to apply everything I have been learning from reading this stuff. I used to be a kind of hoodlum, and now I just feel like a lowly robber, ex lowly robber I guess. Not that I have robbed anyone, just for too many months of welfare payments. When the government give you welfare at 17, and you don't do anything except smoke pot and homework it is a little difficult materalizing where that money comes from which is simply other people's pockets.

The other issue I have is the impossible criteria in my goals at the moment. Simply, I am forced to work illegally on the Internet doing programming because Australian Welfare for people with mental health issues is that it is morally wrong for me to have some fucking pride for once in my life. They think that me working would be an ammoral act of slavery. It was at the point I turned 19 and wanted a job I learned all of this bullshit a public health system doctor has put against me. It is illegal, for me to work. It is perfectly legal for me to get $14k a year of taxpayer dollars.

Interestingly also, my right to vote has been taken away by a doctor who got angry at me because of certain views. Essentially, I have no rights or obligations and I can break the law in almost any way I want and get away with it. That is a problem when you are young adjusting to the world. This country has ruined me, so hold Victoria against me. Damn this whole fucking Government. This is why someone else, not me, will blow themselves up one day. I am one of a few too many people in this shitty situation when I am perfectly able to do a lot.

All I can do, is wait till they review my case.

Note: all of this is related to self loathing crap, but I had to get it out somewhere.

Jenni! I have heard the accent! It is everything you dreamed it could be. Just IM Kane on Windows Live Messenger and have him speak to you in voice clips.

[edit] Okay, I just read the previous post--I didn't mean for a faux pas there. That does sound odd of the government. How long until they can review your case?

Edited by musenji

My doctor can review my case whenever he wants. The public mental health system here has become a vicious gulag in my eyes. The government have given them power by law to act almost lawlessly as doctors. I don't mind doctors, I have a great private shrink.

I will be able to get rid of all this and have been working towards it. I can get private health cover and a real doctor with real motives (medicine) instead of the sole motive of sacrafice (altruism). I want a doctor, not a fucking saint. It has taken me quite a while to save up and once I am done hopefully my new private doctor with all the powers of the previous ones (because a degree should really let private individuls have the power to decide if I am worthy to vote and earn money).

The public health system has to much power when it can make me unable to earn, and unable to vote. It has done both to me for no good reason. I have never broken the law, yet I am criminally insane according to these idiots. All I wanted was better grades.

Jenni! I have heard the accent! It is everything you dreamed it could be. Just IM Kane on Windows Live Messenger and have him speak to you in voice clips.

Didn't you have problems understanding me because I was talking to fazt or something else? B)

Edited by DragonMaci

My doctor can review my case whenever he wants. The public mental health system here has become a vicious gulag in my eyes. The government have given them power by law to act almost lawlessly as doctors. I don't mind doctors, I have a great private shrink.

I will be able to get rid of all this and have been working towards it. I can get private health cover and a real doctor with real motives (medicine) instead of the sole motive of sacrafice (altruism). I want a doctor, not a fucking saint. It has taken me quite a while to save up and once I am done hopefully my new private doctor with all the powers of the previous ones (because a degree should really let private individuls have the power to decide if I am worthy to vote and earn money).

The public health system has to much power when it can make me unable to earn, and unable to vote. It has done both to me for no good reason. I have never broken the law, yet I am criminally insane according to these idiots. All I wanted was better grades.

Sadly that is my second choice place to go to be more free than here in NZ. USA is my first, but if the democrats win I am not coming to the USA.

Edited by DragonMaci

Just so I understand correctly, your doctor can legally take away your right to vote because of some mental disorder you may or may not be suffering from??