Objectivism Online Forum

Rob Dougan

Rate this topic

Myself

I recently became aware of Rob Dougan after searching for a piece of music that had caught my attention in a re-watching of The Matrix. That piece turned out to be "Clubbed to Death" and was made into the most inspiring and visually arresting music video I've ever seen.

Clubbed to Death

After seeing the "Clubbed to Death" video I also found another for his song "Furious Angels"

Furious Angels

I think the best video set to another version of Clubbed to Death is the Lincoln LS commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vknwHj2VXoQ.

I recently became aware of Rob Dougan after searching for a piece of music that had caught my attention in a re-watching of The Matrix. That piece turned out to be "Clubbed to Death" and was made into the most inspiring and visually arresting music video I've ever seen.

Clubbed to Death

After seeing the "Clubbed to Death" video I also found another for his song "Furious Angels"

Furious Angels

"Clubbed to Death 2" is a completely different song. I find it confusing that he called it "2" rather than finding a different name. It's much too derivative - more like warmed over Chopin with a synth and drum beat, than an original song. I prefer the driving power of the "original."

Anyway, the point was the music video, which I think is a mini masterpiece on it's own. I thought I would share it on this forum because it would appeal to an Objectivist sense of aesthetics - in fact that was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it. The first video could easily be re-titled "The Hero's Journey." The way the director illustrates that concept is incredibly impressive.

Any thoughts on the videos?

Edited by Myself