Objectivism Online Forum

Quent Cordair Fine Art Moves to Napa

Rate this topic

Linda

It's official: we're relocating the gallery to downtown Napa. The new retail space is twice the size of our Burlingame store, about 3600 square feet. Yes, this makes twice in three years that we've doubled in size, with thanks to all of our hardworking artists and loyal patrons who have helped make this relocation and expansion possible.

Our current expectation is that we'll be able to open the doors by mid-June.

We'll host a gala grand opening sometime thereafter. Pictures of the remodeling and build-out are coming soon.

We're very excited to be relocating to the heart of the Wine Country (sixty miles north of Burlingame; only 45 minutes north of San Francisco), where we'll have the opportunity to introduce our collection to discerning visitors from the world over. The central downtown location is within blocks of dozens of historic bed-and-breakfast inns, as well as new boutique hotels, a Westin property under construction and a new Ritz Carlton soon to break ground. Also in the neighborhood are many wine tasting rooms, great restaurants, the newly remodeled Opera House, a new river walk and COPIA, "The American Center for Wine, Food and the Arts."

To visit our Burlingame gallery during the transition, please call ahead for hours or to schedule an appointment, which we will be happy to accommodate, as our hours of operation will be sporadic over the interim.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? We're having to buy a lot of lumber, drywall, concrete float, paint, additional track lighting, etc., plus the labor and expertise to put it all in the right places, the right way. Any art purchases you can make over the next few weeks will greatly assist with our construction budget, which in turn supports our artists by making it possible for us to display and sell more of their wonderful paintings and sculpture.

Well hopefully the parking situation will be better! But it's going to be tougher to drive an extra hour or so to visit my two Lorenzos. Guess I'll have to turn a few hours visit into a weekend - maybe there is something else to do in Napa?

Enough joshing. I would encourage anyone who hasn't had a chance to visit the gallery to do so either in Burlingame (near SF airport) before the move or plan a visit to Napa afterwards. Like any art that is displayed on the web there is a lot lost by not seeing it in person. I know this just by looking at my Lorenzos but also looking at another favorite artist, Eyvind Earle (Cordair doesn't carry Earle).

Linda, I will of course see you before the move but do look forward to seeing (and maybe being a part of) the new digs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HOW CAN YOU HELP? We're having to buy a lot of lumber, drywall, concrete float, paint, additional track lighting, etc., plus the labor and expertise to put it all in the right places, the right way. Any art purchases you can make over the next few weeks will greatly assist with our construction budget, which in turn supports our artists by making it possible for us to display and sell more of their wonderful paintings and sculpture.

Just purchased a Monna Vanna print by Bryan Larsen! I know it's late, but the very earliest that I could afford to.