Objectivism Online Forum

World Made By Hand

Rate this topic

Seeker

The predictions of peak oil enthusiasts can be as funny as they are scary. In that vein I present the YouTube trailer for a novel depicting a vision of a "hopeful" post-industrial future for America.

Length: 3:11

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Well, plus, there's plenty of oil in the ground. So you sort of have to imagine this doomsday scenario unfolding with all of that oil still there, underscoring the folly of the whole premise. What I like however is the honesty with which the author depicts his ideal future. Not all leftists are so open and pointed about it.

Edited by Seeker

Well, plus, there's plenty of oil in the ground. So you sort of have to imagine this doomsday scenario unfolding with all of that oil still there, underscoring the folly of the whole premise. What I like however is the honesty with which the author depicts his ideal future. Not all leftists are so open and pointed about it.

Yes, heaps opf oil. It is just that the oil companies aren't allowed to touch a hell of a lot of it. Yeah, the honesty is refreshing at least.

Personally, I think if the inovators are free to do so they will think of a cheaper and more efficient fuel than oil well before our oil runs out. Not to mention that I see no reason to believe that more oil reserves won't be discovered.