Objectivism Online Forum

Paul Gilbert

Rate this topic

Pyotr

I've really gotten into Paul Gilbert's music after being impressed by his performance at the G3 concert last year. His playing was masterful and he had a great ego and old fashioned flair for showmanship. I especially enjoy his two instrumental records. My favorite instrumental tracks of his include Eudaimonia Overture, Get Out Of My Yard, Hurry Up, and The Rhino. From Paul's pop records I enjoy the tunes My Religion and Space Ship One.

An added bonus is that Paul is a fan of Ayn Rand and says he's been influenced by her philosophy. I've read a few interviews in which he encourages people to read Miss Rand's books but Paul never aggressively preaches to his fans.

Paul's the man. I recently bought one of his guitar instructional DVDs. I really like his style and the fact that he knows jazz and classical theory. Plus he's just got a really great personality and sense of humor, and his music always reflects a positive sense of life. He's one of my all-time favorite shredders, right up there with Robert Fripp, David Valdes, and Steve Vai.

• 2 months later...