Objectivism Online Forum

Renee Olstead

Rate this topic

Jim A.

Renee Olstead is a terrific new singer of older popular music.

Listen to her version of "Taking a Chance on Love" in the background of this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRXdSJz95U.

I've already ordered the CD that includes it, just called Renee Olstead.

Also, when you go to YouTube, watch and listen to her singing "Merry Christmas in Love". Wonderful!

Thanks for that. I love these old torch songs.

One of my favorites. Holly Cole. Not many tunes on Youtube, but if you get a chance listen to one of her albums.

Renee Olstead is a terrific new singer of older popular music.

Listen to her version of "Taking a Chance on Love" in the background of this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRXdSJz95U.

I've already ordered the CD that includes it, just called Renee Olstead.

Also, when you go to YouTube, watch and listen to her singing "Merry Christmas in Love". Wonderful!

I love that Christmas song. I think it's her best performance of all her songs. She is the first person to sing that song, so she is not consciously or subconsciously imitating anyone else when she sings it. It's one long succession of potential tongue twisters and she handles them all with ease and with amazing style.

I already have her cd, and it is excellent. A Love That Will Last is another song on which she is the first to sing it, and it too is wonderful. She sounds a bit like Norah Jones on this song. Another excellent rendition is her version of Someone to Watch Over Me.

By the way, I found the website of the lady who wrote Merry Christmas in Love, here:

Merry Christmas in Love

You can email her from that site and tell her how much you appreciate her song lyrics. The song is still not available on cd or Itunes or anywhere else, as far as I know. She is very gracious and appreciates the support.