Objectivism Online Forum

1920's Little Nemo Sunday Comics

Rate this topic

Hopefully I put this in the right section, as this is unrelated to Objectivism and is not a request to purchase something from someone on the board.

Anyhow, as some of you may have deduced from my avatar, I like the Little Nemo in Slumberland comics. My collection is completed as far from the years 1905-1915, which is the first two runs of it. I even have a book (So Many Splendid Sundays!) that has some of the best comics reprinted in their original size and quality. But one thing does evade me: the 1920's comics. Nemo was canceled in 1915 because the artist's employer wanted him to focus on drawing political cartoons. It was revived up in the 20's (1926 I think) and ran for two years, but it was too unpopular to keep going and was canceled for a final time.

I did manage to find, after over a year, an Amazon page for one of the out-of-print books collecting the two year's worth of comics, but the problem is that it is so slightly out of my price range.

So, would anyone happen to have any ideas as to where I can get my hands on these comics?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I did manage to find, after over a year, an Amazon page for one of the out-of-print books collecting the two year's worth of comics, but the problem is that it is so slightly out of my price range.

Good news! This book is now back in print and is much more affordable. The reason why it was out of my price range last time was because there was a single seller trying to charge $500 for their copy, because, after all, it is the only collection of the 1920's strips. They look quite silly now.

Anyhow, I've ordered my copy along with Little Nemo: Many More Splendid Sundays!. My collection is going to be complete! :unsure::):)