Objectivism Online Forum

most over/under-rated movies

Rate this topic

I really liked the Matrix at first until I realized it was pretty much nothing but fighting. Movies that are nothing but karate for 2 hours bore me to death. Like Jet Li movies. Jackie Chan movies, however, are more about fun than taking the (hilariously overblown) fighting seriously. His fighting is real and his stunts are real, not Matrix crap.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're missing the point of The Truman Show. What kind of person watches it?

You missunderstand me. I don't mean what kind of people watch the movie, but inside the movie what kind of people watch the show Truman is held captive in. I mean, the immorality of purchasing a child and holding him prisoner inside a TV set, even if he doesn't knwo it, is very clear. But what of the people who enjoy watching his imprisonment? What kind of people watch that kind of show?

You missunderstand me. I don't mean what kind of people watch the movie, but inside the movie what kind of people watch the show Truman is held captive in. I mean, the immorality of purchasing a child and holding him prisoner inside a TV set, even if he doesn't knwo it, is very clear. But what of the people who enjoy watching his imprisonment? What kind of people watch that kind of show?

The same people who attend(ed) lynchings, stonings, and other public acts of torture: everybody.

• 4 weeks later...