Objectivism Online Forum

Anti-Servitude Internships

Rate this topic

I just came across this tonight when searching for some information for a discussion, and was wondering if any of you know if this is still being offered by the ARI:

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=New...cle&id=6144

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=New...cle&id=6143

Anyone participate in it? Know more about it? I would think that it would still be offered even though those articles are dated 1989.

The internships are part of the ARI's "Campaign Against Servitude" - which I am not familiar with either.

• 5 months later...

I just read about this from someone who'd brought it to my attention and thought that it would be perfect to put in in this thread I started before:

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.

It's from America Serves on Change.Gov Office of the President Elect HERE

Look at the quote that is there too:

"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream."

He's turning the American Dream into a fucking nightmare... He's not giving you the "choice to serve" as it says there, but as a requirement to serve as it says below that quote on the site, of which I have in the first quote in this reply.