Objectivism Online Forum

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Rate this topic

What is one's "motivational quote of the day"? Boy, that's a tough one; and a good one!

I have a number of favorites.

One is: "Small mistakes at the beginning are multiplied later a thousandfold". I can't remember who said it.

Another is: "The doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical". I think that's from Nikos Kazantzakis, but I'm not sure.

And the one quote that has the most personal importance to me: "And my happiness needs no higher aim to vindicate it." We all know who that's from.

Oh--and may I add a few of my own?:

"Philosophy is what makes people tick--and sometimes they tick like a bomb."

"The lowest kind of coward is the man who's terrified of living in a universe of absolute laws."

"These are the 'End Times'--if you want them to be."

Since I have starting working on self-improvement goals and the such, I need my inspiration to keep going. I've even gone so far as to make a desktop wallpaper (which I do currently use) out of the quotes. It's quite silly, but if you care to look.

But my most favorite are:

"We are as we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle. (I've been using this as a constant remember that I must maintain my good habits instead of being satisfied with what I have accomplished. It's good to be proud, but it takes action to remain proud.)

"There is no effortless learning." - Edwin A. Locke (In times when I'm frustrated with my studies, I look at this.)

They're a nice refresher for the soul.