Objectivism Online Forum

Iran warns of 'limitless' response to any military strike

Rate this topic

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jTyQ5M...QB_-EkFCWlRN3Xw

"Iran will not begin any conflict but will punish any aggressor with force. With determination and using all the options -- without limit in time and space -- we will give a destructive response to any hostile action," Najar said.

His comments came after the UN atomic watchdog chief Mohamed ElBaradei warned on Saturday that an attack on Iran would turn the region into a "ball of fire."

I don't think we are too far off from that ball of fire.

Tehran vehemently denies charges that it wants to develop a nuclear weapon, saying it wants atomic energy only for a growing population whose fossil fuels will eventually run out.

Ironic that the "oil is running out" is fueling this. And they get too build nuclear reactors and we don't.

Just to let everyone know, there is legislation on the table right now sponsoring military actions being taken against Iran. In the form of a blockade I heard.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues...mp;congress=110

You can email your local representative about this if your interested. Funny thing is I found out about this through an Iranian-American group urging people to vote against it.

You can email your local representative about this if your interested.

I certainly will once I'm finished with my communicative internet fasting (no e-mail and such). I do have a question: I've forgotten how to contact my local representative and was wondering if anyone could refresh my memory or give me a forum link?

I've forgotten how to contact my local representative and was wondering if anyone could refresh my memory or give me a forum link?
Goto Congress.org and use the Zip-code search. In a few clicks, you can fire off email from their site.

Goto Congress.org and use the Zip-code search. In a few clicks, you can fire off email from their site.

Thank you very much, it is much appreciated. I will send off an e-mail probably on Friday evening, since, for mental discipline purposes, I promised I wouldn't get on things like e-mail or Facebook for the working week.

1. I would suggest voting against blockades. It won't solve any problem and will just be one more useless placement of our forces. We have to take real military action against them.

2. The banner below me says " Meet Sing Iranians Here " :thumbsup:

1. I would suggest voting against blockades. It won't solve any problem and will just be one more useless placement of our forces. We have to take real military action against them.

2. The banner below me says " Meet Sing Iranians Here " :thumbsup:

Please specify what you mean by "real military action against them". Thank you.

ruveyn

Please specify what you mean by "real military action against them". Thank you.

Click on my signature.

But a blockade would help. Iran imports the larger part of the gasoline it needs. Stop the flow and it will hurt. A lot of Iranian oil goes out by tanker, too. A blockade cuts off its major source of income. Of course, a blockade would work best along with a bombing campaign.