Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivist Club Seeks Event Sponsors

Rate this topic

If you need to contact me about any of the following, please use the button at the bottom of this post to e-mail me. I have already sent a similar message to more local channels that are more likley to succeed, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try this forum in addition:

The Objectivist Club at St. John’s College in Annapolis is planning three events for the upcoming academic year. Since the club receives no money from the college, and since our upcoming activities exceed our budget from previous years, I am in search of additional private donations—especially from anyone willing to sponsor one of our events. Here are the details:

- For $100, you can sponsor a screening of the Academy Award nominated documentary, Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life in the college’s large auditorium—projected onto a large screen. Additionally, the event will be well-advertised, so it may introduce Ayn Rand to a number of people. This event might be co-sponsored with the Film Society at St. John’s College.

- For $200, you can sponsor a lecture by Craig Biddle on epistemology and ethics.

- For $400, you can sponsor a lecture by Allan Gotthelf. Again, e-mail me for further details. I expect this lecture would be popular at St. John’s—and there’s more to the story, but I can’t reveal much publicly yet.

These special events are in addition to the club’s regular study of OPAR. Last year, we hosted our first event, a lecture by Ed Locke titled “Reason and Emotion: Ayn Rand’s Solution to a 2,000 Year Old Problem.”

And of course, the club is grateful for contributions of any amount. Please note, however, that it is possible that circumstances will prohibit the club from collecting donations at these events, so you should e-mail me if you are interested in donating.

Sincerely,

Daniel Schwartz

Founder and Archon, St. John’s College Objectivist Club

Student, Objectivist Academic Center

Two-time conference scholar at ARI’s summer conference