Objectivism Online Forum

Anna Razumovskaya

Rate this topic

~Sophia~

I don't know about these... it seems like one is looking at a beautiful vision but through distorted glasses. I don't think I could make art of this degree, but if I did it would be sharper, much more in focus. It's almost like the artist is into romantic realism, but likes to drop acid or something before she decides to paint.

I don't know about these... it seems like one is looking at a beautiful vision but through distorted glasses. I don't think I could make art of this degree, but if I did it would be sharper, much more in focus. It's almost like the artist is into romantic realism, but likes to drop acid or something before she decides to paint.

Primacy of colours, freely brushed, over line is a characteristic of Impressionism. I am not sure if it is a form of disintegration, perhaps it is. If in moderation I am not bothered by it too much.

At this point I'm not a big fan of these either. She seems to portray an overall melancholy mood in these works, with the exception of maybe 'Morning Touch.' Technically, I think 'Blue Note' is the best, in terms of how the shoulders and back are depicted; but there are some major problems with the arms in 'Morning Touch' and 'Soft as Silk', and, even upon closer inspection, with 'Blue Note' as well. I can't even look at 'Morning Touch' anymore; in it the arm looks like they belong to a Stretch Armstrong action figure.

As for the colors, I don't know what she is trying to achieve.

At this point I'm not a big fan of these either. She seems to portray an overall melancholy mood in these works ...

I think it is thoughtfullness, contemplation. I like this element as in contrast to thoughtless expression. These emphasize consciousness. I do not see sadness (both when looking at faces and postures) which would be necessary for melancholy.

I do not see sadness (both when looking at faces and postures) which would be necessary for melancholy.

Fair enough. If you can get past the horrendous arms (particulary the left one), do you think that the expression in Soft as Silk is one of 'thoughtfulness'? In my estimation it is 'thoughtlessness'.

Fair enough. If you can get past the horrendous arms (particulary the left one),

Technically they are not masterpieces, true. I however see more value than fault overall.

do you think that the expression in Soft as Silk is one of 'thoughtfulness'?

Absolutely. I can show you an example of thoughtlessness if you like.

Edited by ~Sophia~

I am open to looking at some examples...

Modern art if full of examples of blank stare faces.

nearsightframedie1.jpgfreudjpgkt8.jpgfreudgirlmj1.jpg

blankstare1re5.jpgblankstare2fd2.jpg

It does not look like they are in mental focus - at least I can't clearly conclude that they are (on some of them possibly). In contrast, you can't miss the element of conscioussness in Razumovskaya paintings.